• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VERY quiet bunny :( U/D Yay!!!!!!

What symptims did he have? Marmite is responsive and is quit happy when I'm stroking him...but just not quite himself and not eager to jump out of the hutch like normal :oops: He's also not eten much since this early afternoon.

Quiet, not wanting to eat or drink.. let me handle him without his normal kicking out. seriosuly Id take him to the vet :( Vibes xxx

Seriously I would call the vet even if just for advice.. I would get him seen tonight. sounds like stasis. They go down hill very quick. hope he gets better :( xx

What symptims did he have? Marmite is responsive and is quit happy when I'm stroking him...but just not quite himself and not eager to jump out of the hutch like normal :oops: He's also not eten much since this early afternoon.

If he seems happy in himself but not eating it could (amongst other things) indicate dental pain.

The sooner he sees a vet the better. If it is dental then a painkiller will help him for now. Whatever reason he's not eating it can lead to stasis and become serious very quickly. Rudy was exactly the same yesterday - refusing food but lively. ... well the vet nurse described him as 'lively' which meant he'd trashed his cage :shock: He's eaten veg at the vet's after painkiller and gut stimulant, I need to ring soon to find out if he's eating hard food as well.

Hope Marmite is doing okay today.

Soooooo relieved!!!!!!!!

Mamrite is much better today...I called the vet last night who told me to syringe feed him :oops: which I did much to his distaste!!! She than said to make sure he was warm and hydrated!!! I brought him inside and gave him a bowl of water which he drank a little bit of :rabbit2: PHEW!!

Didn't sleep too well last night...but woke up thos morning to the sound of a bowl being bashed around :D music to my ears!! He's had a nice hop round the garden this morning and has eaten quite a bit :D:D:D So pleased that he's ok. The vet called today and asked after him...she thinks it could be to do with the fact that I've got Minka now!! He knows she's there...but he can't get close!!! So the sooner there bonded the better :D:D:D

Marmite is much better :D He's back to his normal self again!!

He's going to the vets tomorrow..just to rule out any dental problems-so fingers crossed he was just having an off day!!

Marmite was checked out @ the vets today and all is good (touch wood) :D:D:D:D:D:D The vet thinks its time of year and he was having an off day!!

I noticed yesterday, when Minka went up against his run...he was going crazy!! Running up and down the run :shock: is this quite normal when a male bun gets a whiff of a female bun?

Back