• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reserved: Velvet ..UPDATE ..POST 35 ..

OK. DON'T GET TOO EXCITED! BUT I WOULD HAVE A LOT OF TIME TO GIVE TO AN ANXIOUS BUN. :p:lol:

I'm not sure wether the caps were intentional or not? :lol:

no wasnt intentinal :oops: :lol:

im always doing that :oops:

I will find out for you about rexes inside ...but i have to stress that Velvet does not come across as nervous as such .. she does shy away from touch sometimes and flinches sometimes too ...but is quite confident .

When she goes to bite it is a sort of habitual reaction to hands (and sometimes feet )going into her space. ...but i wouldnt say its a territorial thing as sometimes she is fine .

she will be stroked on her terms and will take food from my hand ..but does snatch .

She is quite easy to read and so i havent actualy been bit by her ...but OH has as he doesnt move his hands out of the way :shock::roll:..prefering to show her that it wont work and he wont move :shock:..and she can fetch blood .

she is better than when she arrived but has a long way to go

I want to stress that I wouldn't be able to take her straight away as my Vin has only just died from EC, and I want to give the spores time to die out - I don't trust just bleach. I also don't know how she would cope with travelling. But she strikes me as the sort of bun who will be left for a while sadly.

OH is dead keen to get another bun, I don't mean that to sound crass as Vinnie has just died, but we both feel we have a lot of time and love to give to an animal and that it would be a shame to let that go to waste. I can't imagine not having a rabbit in our lives.

I have had experience with bitey and boxing buns and have found that most of them just need some TLC and to learn that things aren't going to hurt them. Perhaps as she is so dominant she would work better as a single getting all the attention? I bet she can fetch blood, Vinnie has nipped OH before as he wasn't quick enough to move out of the way :roll: Would it be right to say that she is a confident bun who dosen't trust and needs to be won round?

Oops, essay :oops: I was looking at her before but we didn't have space except for a husbun for Vinnie so didn't comment. She is beautiful.

ETA - That last comment sounds like I was waiting for Vinnie to be out the way. That's not how I meant it to sound, she was very much loved and we are devestated to lose her, but she was ill for a long time and in some ways I'm glad as she went so peacefully. *heads off to blubber again*

awww .. im sure you love and miss her loads :(:(

take the time to think about her and if you decide you want her let me know and i will reserve her ..

if not then no worries ..

and yes ...i think she does need to trust ..you described her realy well just there .

As for being a single bun instead of a in a pair ..its hard to know with troubled buns which way to go .. she may flourish as a singleton as she was picked on by her sister ...but then a friend may calm her down ..

but i would be pleased to see her in a loving home single or paired as long as she would be accepted faults and all ..bless her :love:

Thank you. :) If she was to be rehomed to us we'd see how she got on and then possibly find a husbun. Vinnie to begin with was a total nightmare, she'd been in rescue for a year and a half :( but did calm down (albeit after a lot of work :lol:). I'll have a think and a proper chat to the OH and see how we get on. We're especially looking for a bun who needs a bit more time than most as I have joint problems so am in the house a lot, therefore have more time on my hands than a lot of people do.

I have got an indoor rex bunny and she's been fine for years. I have got three vet beds in the bunny room. She used to get sore hocks when she was overweight :oops:, but she hasn't had any problems for several years, as she has lost some weight. :)

I have got an indoor rex bunny and she's been fine for years. I have got three vet beds in the bunny room. She used to get sore hocks when she was overweight :oops:, but she hasn't had any problems for several years, as she has lost some weight. :)

The flat currently is a mixture of lino and laminate with rugs on, but we are moving in the summer to a flat literally around the corner, which is lino in one room, tiles in the bathroom and carpet the rest. The plan for any rabbit would be to litter train then gradually let them free-range throughout the flat, but shutting them out of the bedroom at night. Much as I love buns I don't fancy one jumping on me in the morning :lol:

The flat currently is a mixture of lino and laminate with rugs on, but we are moving in the summer to a flat literally around the corner, which is lino in one room, tiles in the bathroom and carpet the rest. The plan for any rabbit would be to litter train then gradually let them free-range throughout the flat, but shutting them out of the bedroom at night. Much as I love buns I don't fancy one jumping on me in the morning :lol:

Please adopt her (if Angie agrees)!
She's such a gorgeous bunny and I'm sure she will calm down when she gets a place of her own. :D
I would try to adopt her, if I had the space.:(

Honestly, what are you lot like! :lol: I'll think about it. And you never know, my home may not be suitable. (I'll make sure the OH is out ;))

OH has just read this thread and seems remarkably unconcerned about losing fingers to madam here. :lol: However he did whoop for joy when he read about her being good with a litter tray so that one had better be true! ;) (He's not kidding either :roll:) Give us a few days to think about it.

We won't be ready in time for the piggie run though Phill! We both have exams so would prefer to get them out of the way so plenty of time can be devoted to her settling in.

OH has just read this thread and seems remarkably unconcerned about losing fingers to madam here. :lol: However he did whoop for joy when he read about her being good with a litter tray so that one had better be true! ;) (He's not kidding either :roll:) Give us a few days to think about it.

We won't be ready in time for the piggie run though Phill! We both have exams so would prefer to get them out of the way so plenty of time can be devoted to her settling in.

Foxy's not with Kay yet so there might be another bun run! Or if you decide you would like her and Angie agrees she can come up and stop over here.

Faye (cottonmather) is suppose to be coming to a services near me on Saturday I am meeting her to pick up Foxy (I haven't had confirmation of this though yet) if it happens and Angie as agreed then I don't mind having her until I meet Phill on Monday:D

Back