• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: URGENT PLEA - 40 buns taken into rescue update post 670

URGENT PLEA 40 buns taken into rescue update post 573

Where are these buns and what do they look like etc? Im not saying I could have one but would be nice to have a look and might help you finding places....

Those poor buns

Hopefully going to be able to go up to Kirkby on saturday providing the roads are clear. Dealing with all the buns is hard enough without having to do it in this weather.

Hopefully going to be able to go up to Kirkby on saturday providing the roads are clear. Dealing with all the buns is hard enough without having to do it in this weather.

Suzanne, I'm out all day Saturday, but let me know if Celia needs anything or any buns need to be brought indoors, etc...cuz I'll hopefully be able to help.

Amy

Some of the original 40 have been rehomed, however, due to the area where the rescue is situated there is always a constant stream of rabbits being handed into the rescue.
Celia had them all vaccinated against myxi last month and at that time there were just over 80 rabbits in the rescue.
She rehomed 125 last year:D

Wow. 125 is pretty good going! All those bunnies that have had a bad start in life off to live with their new families :)

I know I said I'd help out and I feel bad that I haven't, but firstly Walter was poorly with his head tilt and then my OH managed to hurt himself playing basketball and was on crutches, so I just haven't had a moment for myself, let alone anyone else.

I went over to Celia's this morning and the roads were OK from my direction. :D
I use the A617 and A38. Lowmoor Road was fine and Celia's road wasn't too bad either.

I really feel for Celia, everything is so much more difficult when it's so cold and icy. Even opening and closing some of the hutches proved to be a job and a half when the wood is frozen and your fingers feel like icicles. :roll: We managed to get all the buns cleaned out this morning, so at least they'll be OK for a couple of days.

hi

Im after a spayed female french lop to bond with my male Lop! if anyone knows of any around please let me know

thanks

I went over to Celia's this morning and the roads were OK from my direction. :D
I use the A617 and A38. Lowmoor Road was fine and Celia's road wasn't too bad either.

I really feel for Celia, everything is so much more difficult when it's so cold and icy. Even opening and closing some of the hutches proved to be a job and a half when the wood is frozen and your fingers feel like icicles. :roll: We managed to get all the buns cleaned out this morning, so at least they'll be OK for a couple of days.

I come through Hucknall but they are all main roads so providing there's no snow toght I should get there ok.

Are you able to do a vet run for Celia one day? There are quite a few boys that need neuturing. I can pick on Friday afternoon But I can't drop off in the morning.

Are you able to do a vet run for Celia one day? There are quite a few boys that need neuturing. I can pick on Friday afternoon But I can't drop off in the morning.

I could drop them off on a Friday morning. :)

I can think of one little dutch boy who definitely needs neutering.....he would not leave my hand alone. :lol:

I could drop them off on a Friday morning. :)

I can think of one little dutch boy who definitely needs neutering.....he would not leave my hand alone. :lol:

That would be great. I speak to Celia and see what we can organise depending on whether her vets can do a friday.

I think I know which dutchie you mean, one was a little monster today!

How was everything today? I keep thinking about all those rabbits. I real feel for Celia having to manage in this weather. Makes me so angry at people who can't be bothered to look after two rabbits properly.

When I arrive three naughty bunnies had escaped from there hutch, fortunately they can't get out of the garden so had to catch them. Then it was feeding time and it takes so long especially when I 'have' to stop and given them lots of snuggles!! All the water bottles were frozen too. The snow is causing a lot of problems as the paths are icing over now.

A man brought in 3 babies whilst I was there. I think they are wildie crosses as the black dutchie mother was a stray. He's kept the mother and one baby.

It's a hard job at the best of times but the snow is making it even harder.

It must be really hard for Celia, and other rescues, to cope with so many outdoor bunnies in this weather. Just getting fresh water to them all must tale ages.

maitainace

:wave::wave:I am hopefully going to Celia's tomorrow to sort out some of the sticking doors etc :D

I popped in today, I feel so sorry for Celia, she did have someone helping her feed the rabbits, but it was bitterly cold and theres still a lot of snow on the ground.

:wave::wave:I am hopefully going to Celia's tomorrow to sort out some of the sticking doors etc :D

Theres definately some repair work needed;) 3 managed to escape on Friday night through a hole in the back of the hutch, they are related to the ASBO 3 - looks like naughtiness runs in the family:?, luckily there were no foxes around, but they might not be so lucky next time.

Stowaways.

:)most of the sticking door now ok some repairs carried out still plenty to do though especially:( rat proofing when the weather improves.
:roll::roll:three little "wild" Kitts stowed away in my car on the way home :lol:,
off to the vets for a check up tomorrow and arrange vac's,
will be going agian one day next week to take bunns to vets and do a few more repairs.

Back