• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: URGENT PLEA - 40 buns taken into rescue update post 670

There are cheaper vets in Nottingham, but the problem we all have is that the rescue is miles away from most of the volunteers - we are all 2-3 junctions away on the motorway from Kirkby, all of us work and getting the rabbit to the vets early in the morning is the problem.

I was frozen...........
DSCF4197.jpg

But thoroughly enjoyed the day.:)

As said, Kirkby needs as much help as possible. Personally, i think we need to sort a skip and get rid of so much stuff. This will make it easier to maintain what we already have.

Soo many rabbits in need of a good home.

I was frozen...........
DSCF4197.jpg

But thoroughly enjoyed the day.:)

As said, Kirkby needs as much help as possible. Personally, i think we need to sort a skip and get rid of so much stuff. This will make it easier to maintain what we already have.

I will let you suggest it to Celia!!! She doesnt like to throw things away and believes there is a use for everything!

:thumb: Rob fully agrees with you.

A skip is a really good idea, if some of the rubbish is cleared then there would be more room to work in and also to put runs for the rabbits to exercise in:D

You guys are amazing, well done for all you've done.

They are! Must be so hard to see all the rabbits there. I can't go until I know that we can come back woth some of them, otherwise I would be traumatised.

I get choked up every time I look at this thread. Going to think how to raise a few pounds.

They are! Must be so hard to see all the rabbits there. I can't go until I know that we can come back woth some of them, otherwise I would be traumatised.

I get choked up every time I look at this thread. Going to think how to raise a few pounds.

It is hard coming away empty handed, but at least the conditions are getting better for them, and since we started this thread the rehoming of the bunnies has really taken off, so they are spending less time at the rescue.
Without the support and donations, we couldn't have raised enough money to help pay for neuters etc, and also the donations of hutches and materials to help repair/replace some of the old ones.
Celia has coped for years without any help and she has done a fantastic job, now we are just trying to make life a little easier for her and the rabbits:D

Our current fundraisers are:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=202913

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=200906

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=202695

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=196805

Denise you are the Bunny Whisperer! Great pics of Fang - he is a lovely looking bunny :love:

I'm off work for a couples of days soon so I should be able able to take a couple more for neuturing. My vets charge £38 for neuturing males so it's worth shopping around for a better price £95 is ridiculas!

Fangs is so cute! look at his grumpy little face..awwww! i am paying £55 for reggie (another Kirkby bun) to be neutered tomorrow.

i still want to come back and help but probably be after christmas at this rate, i have the next 4 weekends atleast booked up! i am usually not a busy person but got a lot on at the moment.

Fangs is so cute! look at his grumpy little face..awwww! i am paying £55 for reggie (another Kirkby bun) to be neutered tomorrow.

i still want to come back and help but probably be after christmas at this rate, i have the next 4 weekends atleast booked up! i am usually not a busy person but got a lot on at the moment.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Reggie, and look forward to seeing you Beki:D

halloween

:DThe Halloween party raised about £75, which I will be taking to Celia ASAP
but unfortunately my mother in law is in hospital at the moment so:( I haven't had the chance to get there yet
Len

but unfortunately my mother in law is in hospital at the moment so:( I haven't had the chance to get there yet
Len

Sorry about your mother in law Len, wishing her a speedy recovery.

Well done on the Halloween party, did you dress up:D

aww thanks for the reggie vibes :)

I have a small hutch i got off freecycle i can bring when i do come, needs a bit of TLC though i am going to stain it and put new hinges on the doors as one door fell off. Its not very big and just made of plyboard but if Celia has any guinie pigs it could work? otherwise back to freecycle, i just don't want anyone to put any bunnies in it. I got it when advertising for a bunny hutch and didn't realise its size til i saw it. took it anyway though. Got a better one for Reggie, it is over 6 foot long!

Len

That's great! Might do that myself next year.

Hope your mother in law is ok.

Back