• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: URGENT PLEA - 40 buns taken into rescue update post 670

I have some rabbit musli that Ruby won't eat, will that be any use?

also re the wood - not had a proper dig around but i have a couple of pieces of wood about 1 inch thick by about 3 inches wide, not sure if this will get in my car though, i saw a bit of plyboard. I have some wood that is painted (so probably no good) and alos some parts of old kitchen unit, some are solid wood and some chipboard....i don't think most of this is any good apart from the two long bits.

When will there be pictures of the other 40 rabbits?

Theres a group of us going over on Saturday 3rd October, so we can take some then:D It also depends on whether they have been vaccinated and the bucks castrated. I will try and phone Celia in the next day or so and get an update:D

I'd be happy to knock together a hutch or two and deliver them if it's a help?
Let me know and i'll see what i can get hold of in the meantime. We went up to see Celia a month or two ago with the intention of taking a rabbit or a pair off her but have since taken in unwanted pets from elsewhere so full at the moment.
All things considered i think she's doing an amazing job and would be glad to help in some way.

As far as things like hinges and bolts go, i'd recommend Wilko or screwfix direct rather than b&q . Same goes for screws etc.

To think Celia is struggling with 100 or so rabbits while our local rspca has capacity for about 10 beggars belief. That is where help/donations should be coming from but i doubt very much they'd be interested.

To think Celia is struggling with 100 or so rabbits while our local rspca has capacity for about 10 beggars belief. That is where help/donations should be coming from but i doubt very much they'd be interested.

Yep we deal with about 40 at a time..I found it strange our local RSPCA spent so much money on a new small animal unit yet take in so few:?
Sorry off topic...glad Kirkby is getting sorted

I'd be happy to knock together a hutch or two and deliver them if it's a help?
Let me know and i'll see what i can get hold of in the meantime. We went up to see Celia a month or two ago with the intention of taking a rabbit or a pair off her but have since taken in unwanted pets from elsewhere so full at the moment.
All things considered i think she's doing an amazing job and would be glad to help in some way.

As far as things like hinges and bolts go, i'd recommend Wilko or screwfix direct rather than b&q . Same goes for screws etc.

Hi thanks for the generous offer which we would like to accept, if you have visited then you will know a lot of the old ones are beyond repair:cry: We have a group of volunteers going up on Saturday 3rd October to carry out some more repairs etc, you are more than welcome to join us, or just pop along to Celias anytime.

Yep we deal with about 40 at a time..I found it strange our local RSPCA spent so much money on a new small animal unit yet take in so few:?

Celia has had several visits from the RSPCA when "well meaning" people have reported her - the last visit was a couple of months ago, the inspector suggested she downsize (due to her age) and he would PTS any old/sick buns while he was there:evil:
Whilst Celia keeps taking the rabbits in, it's less strain on the RSPCA, so they are more than happy for her to carry on, even if conditions are not great - Some of the rabbits would not fit the RSPCA rehoming criteria so they would have been PTS if Celia had not taken them in, ie (elderly, dental issues and some with long term health issues as well as one or two aggressive ones). We have highlighted some of the older buns and got them rehomed - Beth from Brinsley Animal Rescue takes some of the ones that need intensive nursing and then rehomes them from her rescue:D
The last arrivals will now be out of quarantine, so we will be taking their photo's and uploading onto RR after next weekend. They will be myxi vaccinated before rehoming.

It is amazing, we took in a box full of guinea pigs because the Big RSPCA centre in Birmingham was full up as they had 12:? We have 59 GPs and 125 rabbits:roll:

If Celia has a giant or New Zealand buck with health or agression problems I could take him as I have a giant doe who needs a partner. She needs to stay as she has snuffles. He would get lots of space and any treatment he needed. I would offer to take more but we are trying to control our numbers too.

It is amazing, we took in a box full of guinea pigs because the Big RSPCA centre in Birmingham was full up as they had 12:? We have 59 GPs and 125 rabbits:roll:

If Celia has a giant or New Zealand buck with health or agression problems I could take him as I have a giant doe who needs a partner. She needs to stay as she has snuffles. He would get lots of space and any treatment he needed. I would offer to take more but we are trying to control our numbers too.

I'm due to go to Kirkby at the weekend, but due to health problems I might not be able to go, I will ask Denise (Bunnyaddict) to check for you:D Hopefully after the weekend RR will be updated:D

Volunteers for vet runs urgently needed please

Celia is still having problems getting the bucks to the vets early in the morning for castrations - as you can imagine this is holding up the rehoming, she has about 20 that are waiting for their snip.

The vet will only take 2 at a time and he is collecting them from Celia on Thursday as there are no volunteers, she is also struggling to get someone to collect this pair after their ops.

If anyone can help could they please ring Celia on 01623 753883.

Sue..there may be someone who coule take them to the other cheaper vet in Notts..and maybe keep overnight until can be got back to Celia..might be worht a try:?

Are we still on for saturday? If so can i have some details of what time and adress etc thanks. Hubby has a few bits of wood and other bits if needed :)

Are we still on for saturday? If so can i have some details of what time and adress etc thanks. Hubby has a few bits of wood and other bits if needed :)

Unfortunately it's unlikely I will be able to go on Saturday unless I feel a lot better:cry:

Can anyone who is going please update this thread, so I can let Celia know how many volunteers are going and what time she can expect you.

If anyone is able to collect the tarpaulines from me to take along with the B&Q vouchers I would be grateful (I promise to wear a mask and not cough on anyone).

Hi i should still be able to go, please cna I have details of where and when? don;t know kirky very well, only passed through it a few times :)

Sorry only just been able to update Sue, as I've been out. I am a definite for Saturday & my friend from work & her 17 year old son are also planning on coming if that's ok? So if Celia still has hutches that need staining my friend & her son would be more than happy to help do as many as possible for her.

Unfortunately Mark might not be able to come down with me, as he's done his back in fitting a new floor in our loft last weekend :( He was hoping it might be a lot better by now, but sadly it's not :? I'll update tomorrow as to how he's going :?

I will be there for no later than 12pm, as I've got to collect a couple of BARC bunnies first to meet Amy at Kirkby with them.

Hope you feel better soon Sue xx

Back