• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: URGENT PLEA - 40 buns taken into rescue update post 670

Huts

I may be able to carry out hut repairs if that would be of any help but I am away from the 18 to 28 of September please PM me if I can help

Oh my good grief. I so wish there was something I could do to help but I'm just too far away and busy this weekend. I might be able to do something next weekend though....travel and other bits depending.
Can you pm me her address and who I need to make a cheque out to?

Hello,

I have been having a few problems at my rescue here and have not been on the forum for a while. I am so sad to read this.

I am sorry I am unable to offer any specific help.

I did notice you are considering a newspaper article. Do be careful, any time I have done one I have homed some bunnies, but I have always been asked to take in lots more too. So, if you are able to ensure it is very carefully written it may be of help, but it will not stop people dumping them at her home, which appears to be happening.

I do sometimes have requests for a specific type of bunny, and I do ask people to go to other rescues if I am not able to help. If I notice Celia has one who fits the bill and I do all the neutering/vaccinations/home checks/bonding etc, would she consider allowing me to help this way? I understand she does not know me so will not be offended if she feels unable to do this and I notice her doe's are not neutered, which I insist on doing, but again she may not like my approach. I have tried ringing her but I expect if she is going through such a busy time she will be unable to answer the phone.

Good luck, and if you would ever like some advice from a rescue's viewpoint do not hesitate to get in touch. E mail may be best, my PM box is full!!

Alice x

I have just had a nice chat with Celia, she is absolutley desperate for someone to help get a couple of bunnies to the vet for treatment. Her normal volunteers are unable to help out at the moment :(

I have just had a nice chat with Celia, she is absolutley desperate for someone to help get a couple of bunnies to the vet for treatment. Her normal volunteers are unable to help out at the moment :(

It is terrible that she has buns that need treatment and they are unable to see a vet. I really wish I could help but by the time I get home from work and make the 40 ish minute journey over there I wouldnt make it in time to go to the vets.

Liz, do you have more details?

I can't get rabbits to Celia's vet because I'm too far away, but I can have them here temporarily if needed.

I might have missed it but where did all these buns come from?

26 came from one couple who are grandparents, they bought the rabbits for their grandchildren and let them multiply, these are the ones most likely to be pregnant and as they are related this will bring other problems, one doe has already delivered 5 kits and Beth from Brinsley Animal rescue has taken those, if there are more pregnant does, they are likely to be in late stages of pregnancy. Celia does not believe in spaying does so if they are pregnant they will go to full term:cry:

The rest came from 2 different families there should have been more, but a doe and her 3 kits were given to a child:evil:

26 came from one couple who are grandparents, they bought the rabbits for their grandchildren and let them multiply, these are the ones most likely to be pregnant and as they are related this will bring other problems

I've got one of these buns, and she appears to have deformed shoulders...possibly as a result of inbreeding like you've said :cry:

I can't believe how quickly a member responded to this and offered to help, I am so grateful, thanks Joh619 :wave:

No -problem :D Though big thanks to my OH who offered to drive me there as I'm too scared of driving my own car half the time :lol:

26 came from one couple who are grandparents, they bought the rabbits for their grandchildren and let them multiply, these are the ones most likely to be pregnant and as they are related this will bring other problems, one doe has already delivered 5 kits and Beth from Brinsley Animal rescue has taken those, if there are more pregnant does, they are likely to be in late stages of pregnancy. Celia does not believe in spaying does so if they are pregnant they will go to full term:cry:

The rest came from 2 different families there should have been more, but a doe and her 3 kits were given to a child:evil:

Oh gosh thats awful :( I have some people that want to help from another forum, they are going to ring up mainly with offers of forever homes hopefully.

God I could strangle some folk :evil: What absolute :censored: idiots!

It makes me so mad that people are so irresponsible & then leave it up to someone else to sort out the mess they've created :evil:

Lets hope by all the good work done by Sue & other people volunteering or adopting some buns from Celia, that we might make some in roads to helping her in a big way :)

Last edited:
Back