• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*Urgent Help Needed in DORSET*- RWAF First Alert

I dont like it either. But the alternative is gassing I suppose as I doubt The Police would allow someone onto the Roundabout with a shotgun.

Why they cant just leave the flippin' road as it is I dont know.

Cause they have to spend all that lovely revenue that they so clearly lack:roll: this sort of thing honestly leaves me feeling utter despair at the lack of compassion some humans actually have. The fact taxpayers money is going to pay for this is what really makes my blood boil. I hope they stage a vigil on the roundabout with candles and the schoolchildren when they turn up with the ferrets - shame them, show them for what they are!:censored:

Has anyone thought of involving the LACS (League against cruel sports) I know this isn't being done in sport but, they do also help to prevent cruelty to wild animals?? They also have bought land for sanctuaries.

I am happy to help at a weekend and no doubt could bring some more adults with me, I have lots of plastic carriers, one way of catching them is to set up a perimeter net fence, then, possibly send a terrier with a muzzle on down the hole or ferret, yes this is stressful but they will be killed anyway

Any other ideas?

Can't you just surround each exit with netting (not soft stuff so they tangle and dig them out)? There has to be a technique and equipment because they do it for badgers.

Okay let's think about this logically.

First of all - what would be the kind of place that would allow a warren of wildies in?

Land on a National Trust Property? Land on a Landmark Trust Property?

Celebrities who like rabbits who might have land for the buns to live on...?

That's horrible :( Poor buns

I feel bad for the ferrets too. I really don't think thats right to use ferrets like that. They could get hurt, killed, or diseased by the rabbits. :(

I am in Poole I could take you. I have just sent a message offering my services.
Let me know if you need a lift. :wave:

Depending on when it is etc I should be available to lend a hand,that would be great, Im in Wallisdown so thats not too far from poole. I dont know what use I would be but I would give it a go!

Depending on when it is etc I should be available to lend a hand,that would be great, Im in Wallisdown so thats not too far from poole. I dont know what use I would be but I would give it a go!

Don't know what use I will be either :lol: But we are going to learn. Waiting to hear I will let you know when I get a reply to the email. :wave:

If the wildies can be caught,they are more than welcome to be set free on my farm,I don't allow anyone to kill anything on the farm

I haven't heard anything back from the 2 emails I have sent to the lady mentioned yet.

But still send any ideas, suggestions, offers straight to her as well as posting here as she is the one who knows the full details.:)

Back