• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT help needed - carriers/boxes

pity i stay so far away as i have 4 large carriers you could have borrowed have you tried calling your local vet or cat protection as they prob would loan you some if its for a rescue

Anything will do. Sarah was meant to be asking the vets if they could lend you any.
Kate will pm you Theo's number:D

Candi - are you in now as Ill bring over the two voyagers. We could then phone Pets and Home on the Botley Road, to see if they would give us some of the cardboard carriers if they have any in stock. Call me. Ill pm you my no.

PS Ive just seen your earlier post. I can bring them to you in Eynsham if you can pop out and put them in your car. It does mean that you will get an idea about the dimensions of them ahead of 9.00 pm tonight.

Last edited:
Have spoken to Candiflare, I have 4 large carriers that I will bring and you can choose which ones you want, will meet at the arranged time and place unless I hear otherwise

Sorry if I'm not replying immediately to anyone's posts!

The plan now seems to be:

I'll meet Theo (Snowy) at Banbury Tescos after 1pm tomorrow to pick up some carriers.

I'll then travel on to Worcester vets to pick up the ten contis and will hopefully be able to fit them in the carriers in the car. If not I will call Michelleox who will come after me at 3-4pm to pick up the rest.

I'll then travel up to Kay's in Lancashire.

Raine - I will give you a call in about an hour is that okay?

Ive just spoken with Pets at Home and they dont have any cardboard carriers and are waiting for a delivery themselves.

I note Theo has offered some carriers. Its going to depend on what size car you have and how many you can get in. My Vectra estate was quite big but I couldn't fit in more than five carriers.

PS Ive seen your update. Ill speak to you later

Believe it or not I'm hoping to fit them all into a Toyota Yarris with the seats down! Luckily Michelleox will come after me if it doesn't work!

Sorry I can't call anyone for the next hour... I've already been standing outside work suspiciously on my mobile phone for the past few hours not doing any work!

Also, Kay says they are Giant crossbreeds, not full giants, so I'm hoping they'll be a little smaller than expected...

And the key priority is just to get them there.

Ill send you my email as it might be easier for you to pretend you are working.
Ive put three normal rabbits in each of my carriers and two large french lops. As its only for transportation, mine usually just lay down.

Don't panic about calling me, Im in when you get a chance, or use the email.

Ill send you my email as it might be easier for you to pretend you are working.
Ive put three normal rabbits in each of my carriers and two large french lops. As its only for transportation, mine usually just lay down.

Don't panic about calling me, Im in when you get a chance, or use the email.

have emailed you ! ;)

Right, I've just got home.

Luckily... it is all sorted.

Thanks to everyone who has offered help, I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back to everyone efficiently.

Nice to meet you yesterday. Good luck with the run today. Well done for devoting your time to help these bunnies and get them on the road to their new lives.

Hi Lorraine, I just wanted to text you but realised I don't have your mobile, I only have your landline.

The buns are all fine now, thank goodness.

On slight error I've made is that I've left your carriers at Kay's by mistake :shock::shock::shock:

Vanessa is going up there on Saturday and will hopefully bring back Snowy's and your carriers and I will go and pick them up from Snowy's and deliver them back to you on Sunday - hope that's okay?

Also, Kay got your hay and the towels. Think they were very gratefully received!

Hi Lorraine, I just wanted to text you but realised I don't have your mobile, I only have your landline.

The buns are all fine now, thank goodness.

On slight error I've made is that I've left your carriers at Kay's by mistake :shock::shock::shock:

Vanessa is going up there on Saturday and will hopefully bring back Snowy's and your carriers and I will go and pick them up from Snowy's and deliver them back to you on Sunday -hope that's okay?

Also, Kay got your hay and the towels. Think they were very gratefully received!

Hi Kate, it was lovely to meet you today and well done for doing such a great job with the bunnyrun

If the carriers come back to me I can arrange to get them back to Raine, don't you worry you have done enough with helping these 10 giants, thank you so much.

Dont worry about the carriers at the moment Kate. Im not at the vets until the week after next. Im hoping to take my car into Banbury next week for them to check a light and will arrange with Theo to get them.

Back