• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT! - Chlorphenamine aka piriton - safe for rabbits?

Yes it will depend on the actual product given, as the concentration may vary, and of course it depends on the size of the bunny, as the dosage is related to the weight of the bunny. Your vet should be able to work it out for you (I went and bought the children's syrup version and then read the leaflet out to my vet over the phone so we were both absolutely clear that she was calculating the dosage based on the product I had in my hand) and its best to check with them anyway just in case there are any other interactions. If your vet just isn't sure about using it, you can refer them to the Frances harcourt brown book, where there is a dose rate listed in the safe drugs section.

Good luck x

Any weekend vetsat my practsie would pts a myxi case :( they did with Rolo

Any weekend vetsat my practsie would pts a myxi case :( they did with Rolo

If it's the same strength as mine you could use 2mls too, as Drusilla is the same weight as Crunchie. We just need to check that what you buy is 2mg per 5 ml - the pharmacist can tell you that :wave:

ETA I've just been looking at the label that the Pharmacist printed for Drusilla, and it seems you will also need to inform Crunchie that while using this medication he should not drive, use machinery, or drink alcohol.... :shock:

Funnily enough when I spoke to Richard, I asked him if I needed to be concerned about it making Santa drowsy and would it slow her gut down, and he said that as long as she wasn't planning on driving or using dangerous machinery, it was nothing to worry about :lol:

Funnily enough when I spoke to Richard, I asked him if I needed to be concerned about it making Santa drowsy and would it slow her gut down, and he said that as long as she wasn't planning on driving or using dangerous machinery, it was nothing to worry about :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Ah, so he'd have let her drink herself under the table then? ;) Drusilla says no fair!

Back