• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on everything

Niklovesrats

Warren Scout
Hi All, Just so you know I am going to post this on my other forum as well as I think the more opinions and advice I get can only be a good thing.... so... we have now had Ted for a few weeks.. his behaviour has remained the same since we got him.. he seems food aggressive and hutch territorial... he definitely knows I am the food lady and will eat out of my hand, if I can get to his back end pick him up then that's good! I usually get someone to hand feed him so that I can pick him up while he is otherwise engaged. If I try to touch his food bowls he lurches towards me and on occasions growls! He has done this since the day I got him but I have to say once out of the hutch he is a lovely boy and has never bitten or anything.....today he has had his gonads removed and right now he is feeling very sorry for himself bless him... anyway my plan was to house all 3 rabbits together... I have 2 little females that are sisters currently live together and are approximately 4 months old..... I built the shed today cause I figured I had 6 weeks to paint it and get it how I wanted it (getting grief from my son who is reading this and pointed out that I didn't build the shed my husband did lol) They mentioned today at the vet that it isn't quite that simple and the girls may turn on each other if housed with a male or even worse could turn on Ted which I definitely don't want to happen after what he has been through... I don't know what to do now??

This is not straightforward although I had 2 sisters who took in a male and both shared him and it was lovely to see. The only way is to try them because you will be getting the girls spayed ina couple of months and it might be best to get them bonded before that and before they start to get hormonal. When the 2 girls get a bit older one will be the dominant one and their hierarchy will be established so if you bonded them now, the boy would be the dominant bunny and the sisters would fall in line. All you can do is try them and see how it goes. Good luck!

Thank you, I have to wait 6 weeks in case he is still fertile..... Ted still seems really really nervous, shaking when we lift him up and although he eats happily out of my hand and approaches me at his hutch as soon as I try to get him out he still growls and lunges, was hoping he would be settling a bit now......

Back