• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update! Help me design my new boarding premises!

Woo the floor is in

its starting to look like a proper room now!

still havent decided on the layout tho...

I Have been thinking some more

I was originally planning on having mesh at the front of the cages and solid boards between adjacent cages. However this would mean that rabbits would then see the other rabbits opposite them. I could board the whole cage... but that might leave it quite dark and isolating, especially for single rabbits...

We adopted our Poppy from SSPCA Hamilton, they had this set up (2ft high solid boards between, but mesh doors) and I thought it looked fine! That's what I'd hope to see in boarding. None of the rabbits seemed to mind, but if they had one that didn't like it, they'd put it opposite an empty pen.

Laminate flooring looks good - can you get some rag rugs to help buns that don't like laminate though? You can get fairly cheap ones in IKEA for £1.75 each. Some buns (like ours) do chew them, but if you were to tell me it's laminate when I booked, I'd happily bring my own rugs too!

Last edited:
I use pens to house my buns - and I use 4 foot boarding between the pens but leave the doors open (ie. not boarded). The boarding works very well - apart from Joey who has managed to scale it and get into to Bobo's pen. The buns can see the buns opposite them - but that doesn't cause any problems at all with them.

Another update :)

thanks for all the tips and ideas.

this is one of the cages almost finished (I have been a bit ill so a bit behind!)

Back