• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D 15 July. Finally bought a wheelie bin for hay storage.

Can you drill into it on the side and the top and put a lock on like a small bike lock so the neighbours don't fly tip in it? :D

although usually there is no problem with these (and I do thoroughly recommend them) NEW hay (ie stuff fresh from the hay harvest which is happenning as I type!!!) can 'sweat' as it is usually baled very slightly green still. In this heat that can be an issue - so I suggest propping open the lid of the bin whilst you can be confident it is not going to rain.

although usually there is no problem with these (and I do thoroughly recommend them) NEW hay (ie stuff fresh from the hay harvest which is happenning as I type!!!) can 'sweat' as it is usually baled very slightly green still. In this heat that can be an issue - so I suggest propping open the lid of the bin whilst you can be confident it is not going to rain.

Thanks. I only had a quarter of a bale left so its loose in the bin.

I did notice the hay is more straw like, which ironically the buns seem to like. I will put up the lid tomorrow.

Back