• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transport request for gerbil - SORTED

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Posted on behalf of Minimallow

Please can anybody help with getting a single male gerbil from Northants/Wellingborough to Shrewsbury.

The gerbil is going to a new home in Shrewsbury; the person adopting can meet somebody halfway so if anybody can pick up from Northants/Wellingborough & get gerbil approx. halfway on the journey - Birmingham/Wolverhampton area - that would be great.

Last edited:
Thanks Karen! :thumb:

Due to a failed introduction I am trying to get little Phineas back up to me here. I'm meeting a friend from Shrewsbury in June who is happy to bring him to me if anyone can help get him to her. It's really important that I can get him back here so I can hopefully introduce him to a friend. He's been on his own for a while now and I'd just like to see him settled with a friend.

such a shame my hubby did that journey on Sunday
However we may have a pair of bunnies going back that way in about a week..so will watch this thread

If all else fails he maybe able to go back to Scotland with the lady coming down for the sows

That's on the 19th May though, but I cna ask

If Tracy's piggy lady will take Phineas my mum has agreed to drive me over to Rugby and back :wave: She doesnt work on Wednesdays so that'd be the best day for us :wave:

If Tracy's piggy lady will take Phineas my mum has agreed to drive me over to Rugby and back :wave: She doesnt work on Wednesdays so that'd be the best day for us :wave:

BUT BUT BUT he has a tail, and you'd want me to look after him for 4 days :shock::shock::shock:

He does come with a tank or something doesn't he, cos I won't be touching him I'm afraid :oops:

Oh bless you tracy! :love:

He comes in a RUB cage, I'll clean him out right before I bring him over and bring you his food. You can just sprinkle it through the mesh and the water bottle is attached to the outside. You wont have to even open the cage :wave:

BUT BUT BUT he has a tail, and you'd want me to look after him for 4 days :shock::shock::shock:

He does come with a tank or something doesn't he, cos I won't be touching him I'm afraid :oops:

:lol::lol::lol: Awwwwww :love:

Well it's possible my friend in Shrewsbury will be adopting Phineas permanently so looks like he wont be heading to Scotland after all! One of her own gerbils is quite poorly and doesn't have long left unfortunately which will leave one of her boys alone. She's going to take him and try an intro with her little lad. She has Phineas's sister Twinkle as she drove all the way here to adopt her :shock: She loves her gerbils so much and he'll get absolutely spoiled.

It all depends on how her existing gerbil does over the next couple of days really. If he pulls through i'll still need the transport. Hope this isn't too confusing (sorry)

Last edited:
If this is still needed, I will be in Kettering on Tuesday 15th May and will be driving home to Telford that day, I would then be able to take the Gerbil onto Shrewsbury whenever it is convenient for the reciever at the other end. I only live about 10 minutes away from Shrewsbury.

Let me know if it is still needed :)

Great. Let me know if you want it to go ahead. I can look after the gerbil until he's needed to go onto shrewsbury.

Hello and thank you for your kind offer. I really don't mean this to sound horrible but as much as I realise you will most likely care for the gerbil really well, as I don't know you it's not possible for me to agree to any overnight stays. I hope you'll understand my reasons for this and really hope I haven't offended you :oops: I would need a reference from a trusted rescue in order to do this (sorry :oops:)
If it's a transport help I'm not as concerned it's just if someone is going to be responsible for the gerbils care. If you can still help with transport, I would really appreciate that however.

If the offer is available to get Phineas to Edinburgh, then I'd appreciate if this could go ahead, otherwise if he can get to Shrewsbury then that's the next best thing.

Hello and thank you for your kind offer. I really don't mean this to sound horrible but as much as I realise you will most likely care for the gerbil really well, as I don't know you it's not possible for me to agree to any overnight stays. I hope you'll understand my reasons for this and really hope I haven't offended you :oops: I would need a reference from a trusted rescue in order to do this (sorry :oops:)
If it's a transport help I'm not as concerned it's just if someone is going to be responsible for the gerbils care. If you can still help with transport, I would really appreciate that however.

If the offer is available to get Phineas to Edinburgh, then I'd appreciate if this could go ahead, otherwise if he can get to Shrewsbury then that's the next best thing.

That's fine, I understand. I don't think I would be able to get a trusted rescue reference as the only one I work for is dogs trust. But I do have my two degrees in Animal Science with Health Management and Animal Studies, would that help?

Anyway, I can still just transport him if needed as long as the person in Shrewsbury can have me drop him off before 3pm.

If not then its ok, Its just that I was doing that journey anyways so :)

Back