• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

totally heartless/ babies have gone to the bridge/ advice needed

Oh hun I'm so sorry :cry: Please, please don't ever think it was your fault because it definitely wasn't - if anyone is at fault it's the heartless woman who insisted you take them all. You didn't have any other choice, other than to do what you did. Hugs to you & the mummy you still have left with you xxx

Binky free at the bridge little ones, sleep tight xxx

should i spey mum now, babies were only a couple of days old so the pregnancy wont be very far :cry::cry::cry: i dont know what to do for the best:cry:

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. It is NOT your fault at all. You took the Mum away from a terrible situation. She followed her instinct, which is hard to accept, but it is what rabbits do in times of great stress. You saved her life and the lives of maybe the next litter she is carrying now.
You have done a fantastic job, be strong, as you will have kits to deal with in a few weeks. Well done, please dont put yourself down.
Vibes for your and for the bunny. :cry:

should i spey mum now, babies were only a couple of days old so the pregnancy wont be very far :cry::cry::cry: i dont know what to do for the best:cry:

Don't think its your fault hun, you did everything you could!
I probably would spey if the pregnancy isnt far along to save mum more trauma and to maybe in the long run save you heartbreak :( Hugs to you xx

Last edited:
Caroline this is SO NOT your fault, I would have done exactly the same...what choice did you have but to take them - absolutely none. There's also a good chance that if dad was still in with the babies where they came from, he would have killed them anyway...and of course the cycle would have continued.

You did everything you could, sadly it just wasn't to be. At least the mum is safe. I'm not sure about spaying her at the moment, I don't know how safe it would be to do that just a few days after giving birth. I don't know what is least risky for her in this circumstance, hopefully your vet will be able to advise you.

Big hugs to you, what a heartbreaking thing to have happen xxx

It's not your fault - it's that horrible :censored: womans fault. You had no choice but to move them and if you hadn't moved them they would have starved to death.

Sleep Tight Babies xxx

I am so sorry that you are going through this - please do not blame yourself, you are doing the best you can. Without you, who knows what would have happened to all the bunnies. I am so sorry you have lost the 3 little ones. Big hugs xxx

Caroline I'm so sorry:cry:
Please don't blame yourself, you did all you could

I would leave the speying at until Thursday..and on the advice of your vet..gives the mum a bit of a chance to settle and recover from the move

Hope she is ok

Awww im so sorry hun. Please dont blame yourself , it may not seem like it was better for them but she said she "couldnt" feed them and that would have been an awful way to go for all of them including the poor mom who now has the best chance. Well done for helping them. RIP babies Im sorry that you never got your second chance :cry:

Caroline I'm so sorry:cry:
Please don't blame yourself, you did all you could

I would leave the speying at until Thursday..and on the advice of your vet..gives the mum a bit of a chance to settle and recover from the move

Hope she is ok

I agree.
You are not responsible for the Kits death. Its the moron who allowed the situation to develope in the first place who should be ashamed of themself

If the Mum is pregnant again then leaving the spay til the end of next week will still be OK. It'll allow you to monitor her eating and pooing and she will have a few days to settle and de-stress.

Bloody people :evil:

This is absolutely NOT your fault. You are obviously a kind and compassionate person and you did the best you could.

I'm sure if you had to do it over again you'd do the same thing because there honestly wasn't anything else you could have done.

I am constantly amazed at the stupidity and ignorance of people. And we're supposed to be the intelligent ones! Yah, whatEVERRRR.

Stupid bloody people :evil:

Unfortunately you won't be able to have mum speyed for at least 5 weeks, I had this dilemma last week when I caught a bun that had recently given birth but I couldn't find the babies( it is the rescue I am doing at the moment) I ended up phoniung my vet at home at 10pm as I felt so guilty that I had brought her home and my vet said she cannot be done for at least 5wks. All her tujmmy will still be swollen ands that from giving birth and needs time to settle down. She will still have milk but that will dry up. I am in the same situation as this bun could also be pregnant again but there is no way on this earth I will get her spayed until the 5wks are up for her healths sake. If she has babies in the meantime then that is just one of those things:?

thanks for you advice guys, mummy bun is really quiet today i just wish i could take her pain away she,s been through so much:cry::cry::cry:

Unfortunately you won't be able to have mum speyed for at least 5 weeks, I had this dilemma last week when I caught a bun that had recently given birth but I couldn't find the babies( it is the rescue I am doing at the moment) I ended up phoniung my vet at home at 10pm as I felt so guilty that I had brought her home and my vet said she cannot be done for at least 5wks. All her tujmmy will still be swollen ands that from giving birth and needs time to settle down. She will still have milk but that will dry up. I am in the same situation as this bun could also be pregnant again but there is no way on this earth I will get her spayed until the 5wks are up for her healths sake. If she has babies in the meantime then that is just one of those things:?

Thanks for that info Kay. I didn't know that.
I hope I never need to use it though......:?

I'm so sorry to hear about the babies - please don't blame yourself - you absolutely did the right thing - the woman gave you no choice

:(

I hate people sometimes, the babies will be welcomed to rainbow bridge by all our lovely passed - on bunnies.

Binky Free little boo boo's

emily

I'm so sorry. :( You did everything you could in the situation, please don't blame yourself. xx

Back