• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Tons of vibes for bailey please :( U/D Hes much better :)

OH goodness !!!!! You must be so delighted, fingers crossed that he has done more in the night ?

Thanks everyone im really pleased he did his first one at 12.49 and then a tiny wee. Then at around 3 he did a real wee! haha then from 4 until now he has done 60 poos! He also seems alot more like himself ie not really tolerating being handled :D he even ate a dew pellets this morning yay :lol: Got the vets at 2 so will let you know how he gets on.
Just a pic to show his poops lol (the big one is my other buns to compare)
Photo0222-1.jpg

Thanks everyone im really pleased he did his first one at 12.49 and then a tiny wee. Then at around 3 he did a real wee! haha then from 4 until now he has done 60 poos! He also seems alot more like himself ie not really tolerating being handled :D he even ate a dew pellets this morning yay :lol: Got the vets at 2 so will let you know how he gets on.
Just a pic to show his poops lol (the big one is my other buns to compare)
Photo0222-1.jpg

Yay! You could make a bracelet from that lot :lol:

You never know, it could catch on ;):lol:
:lol: yea i should start a trend ;) could even do some earings and a neclace and have a whole matching set :lol::lol::lol:
The things owning bunnies does to us i never would have talked about making jewellery out of poo before!!

Hi guys :wave: just like to tell you all that bailey is alot better today :D:D:D Hes been eating on his own he has had lettuce, cauliflower, carrot, grass, pellets and lots of silver birch tree leaves; he had some of these last night and they just seemed to perk him up!
Hes also been pooing much more regulary and they are almost normal size, hes also his fiesty little self again :roll: but hopefully he will calm down now hes been done! anyhow id also like to say thanks very much to everyone for their advice and support so yea thank you very much everyone :D:D

That's really good to hear, really pleased :D

btw - I didn't know they could eat silver birch leaves :shock: + I thought lettuce (as a general rule) was a no no too?

That's really good to hear, really pleased :D

btw - I didn't know they could eat silver birch leaves :shock: + I thought lettuce (as a general rule) was a no no too?

I dont usually give them lettuce but because he wasnt drinking and it has such high water content then he would be eating and getting water at the same time if you get me :? I never knew thay could have silver birch until the other day there was a thread about wild diet and it had a list of stuff they could have and it was on it handy as i have one in the garden :D

I dont usually give them lettuce but because he wasnt drinking and it has such high water content then he would be eating and getting water at the same time if you get me :? I never knew thay could have silver birch until the other day there was a thread about wild diet and it had a list of stuff they could have and it was on it handy as i have one in the garden :D

Oooh I didn't know that. We have one too - yay :) See what you mean about the lettuce ;) Really glad he's better anyway. Do we have enough poos for a necklace yet? :lol::lol:

Oooh I didn't know that. We have one too - yay :) See what you mean about the lettuce ;) Really glad he's better anyway. Do we have enough poos for a necklace yet? :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I think so! You can have the first one if you like il send it first class ;) and not forgetting the matching earings and bracelet :lol:

Back