• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumper at home July'10 very pic heavy

Ooo I feel such a proud bunny mummy thanks to you all.:D

Honeybunny I'm fascinated that Thumper has never been the same colour after any moult. He's always darker in summer, always has black points, & his hocks are always grey. One winter he was a gorgeous siamese colour, but never again.
What colour is Thumper? "Erm ... well he's never been white -yet!) His raggy ear is from gangrene from a horse fly bite.
Can anyone explain it to me? Even the vet asks "what colour is he this time?"

A few of you have commented on his food. He has an amazing instinct to know what to eat on a daily basis to survive, & how to avoid dysbiosis, which he gets with any human veg now. I don't know how he's still alive. He couldn't even absorb water from his gut in Spring. I just put it down for him & he does the daily pick & mix. His SSpellets are soaked to increase fluid intake - he never has more than 1/2 his daily ration. I put a few drops of lemon juice in his water for Vit C.
Thumper's dining table - well you'd use a tray to get it all upstairs!
DSCF4837.jpg

fom left to right
wild oats. sowthistle. raspberry leaves. dandelion. dry ribwort. dry greater plantain.

DSCF4838.jpg

SS pellets soaked in water. water bowl with lemon +aviproplus(flavouring without sugar). sloe leaves are NOT confirmed as bunny safe - but we're desperate & they work wonders for us.
I just keep them topped up as he eats them. He's almost stopped the wild oats now. I reckon he can't digest the grasses now. Goodness only knows how he manages the rest!:shock:

Nice to see Thumper is getting the 5* star treatment as always (and clearly deserves). What a feast!

He's SUCH a handsome boy. :love::love:

I love the white on his ear & his smooth belly!:D

:lol::lol::lol: The shaved belly was to try to cool him down, another forum member wanted to see how much to shave off. He was shocked ridgid being held like that & didn't move a muscle; but goodness did I get the disapproving flick of the back feet when I put him down!
I'm incredibly embarrassed about his ear. I think it makes him look like a bunny gangster toughie - rabbit fighting scars. With people, he's the biggest softee & never bitten, BUT any children HAVE to obey the house rules to stroke him properly, & leave him be if he hops off.

Lovely pics, especially the one with his legs kicked out :love:
Thanks for sharing! x
:wave: Hi Oscarbunny. Your post means a lot to me.
If it's Thumper lying down, I was sooooo relieved to see him lie his normal way again. He's never lain like a "normal bunny", but he 's still learning bunny things from the other patients when he has his dentals, like folding his ears over his back, & not clunking his chin on the ground when he dozes off. Before, when he dozed off his uppy ear just gradually lopped, chin hit the ground & he woke himself up :lol::lol::lol:.
On the other hand he learned how to warm his bum against the fire from me!!

Beautiful pictures of a very beautiful bunny :love::love::love:

I'm so happy to see Thumper looking so well :D I love his dinner tray too - fantastic! Daisy would like to know when can she move in? :lol:

On the other hand he learned how to warm his bum against the fire from me!!

:lol: You two must have some interesting nights!! I love how close you are and how you learn from each other, it's so beautiful, one day there'll be a disney film about it all!

:lol: You two must have some interesting nights!! I love how close you are and how you learn from each other, it's so beautiful, one day there'll be a disney film about it all!

He still has me in laughter most days. Last night he found out he could grab his "ratty" toy on elastic, hop under the bed, let go & ping "ratty" against the far wall.:shock:!! Advantage,- he doesn't have to watch out for his ears when it rebounds!!:lol::lol:

Beautiful pictures of a very beautiful bunny :love::love::love:

I'm so happy to see Thumper looking so well :D I love his dinner tray too - fantastic! Daisy would like to know when can she move in? :lol:

Daisy can move in any time. I think it would need a Conti doe to keep him in his place.
On the other hand when I fostered a tortoise, & purposely ignored Timmy to reduce jealousy, Thumper hopped onto my lap for the 1st, & only time, at 3.00am & emptied a massive bladder full, straight through the duvet down to the mattress. Thumper knows some rude language! He's never sprayed me to say I love you, it means just what you'd expect fron a rude human!!

:lol::lol: stop it!! my oh is giving me looks like he's calling the men in white coats cos I keep sat chuckling to myself like a nutter in the corner!!

AWWWWWWHHH! THUMPER!! :D:love:

You do not post enough pictures of him, Judy :no::lol:

He really is beautiful, and as everyone else has already said, he's a credit to you. I only wish that if any of my rabbits develop such problems as Thumps has, I'll be as patient, loving and kind as you are. :)

Thank you so much everyone.
I'm desperate to take a video, because it's the ear & eye movements, body posture & behaviour which make him so expressive, & "talkative". He doesn't "perform to order", he's just himself. He has talkative days & quiet days now. It's too hot to run around at the mo. & I'll need help from a neighbour, cos I only see his back when I'm stood up close to him. No way can I film our daily "good morning" when he touches my nose with his whiskers through the bannisters as I go down stairs.

I truely believe that partner buns are best. They can "speak their own language" together, & they aren't forced into such a deep relationship with people. Given our circumstances, I've done my best for him, & he's given me more than I would have believed possible.

Peeing my bed at 3.00 am is the worst thing he's ever done. Even then I couldn't be cross. He was just jealous of another animal in our lives, & making his point. It was a great compliment that I am so important to him! ;)

I've only begun to scratch the surface of how bright bunnies are. They experience the same world very differently & think very differently. It's very humbling indeed. How long to learn something new eg. a new word? If it's something important to him, he'd like to happen again or wants to avoid it - 3 goes. 1st time he takes note, 2nd time, he starts to put 2 & 2 together, 3rd. time he's got it! That's brighter than human children learning our own communication system.
So Georgy f you now understand why I've such strong feelings about tiny hutches. OK it's OTT, but to me, it's like keeping a 7 year old child in a 6'x6' room in solitary confinement. Every good wish & support for you in your campaign.

Back