• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those who nebulise their bunnies

I assume your vet has ruled out the infection aspect, in which case if you are swaying towards allergy perhaps you could ask your vet if piriton is piggy safe?

Any change in temp or humidity seems to play havock with animals and respy issues.

I assume your vet has ruled out the infection aspect, in which case if you are swaying towards allergy perhaps you could ask your vet if piriton is piggy safe?

Any change in temp or humidity seems to play havock with animals and respy issues.

Believe me, we've pretty much tried everything. Hes been on 0.2ml of Piriton syrup twice a day - makes no difference. He's also had bisolvon to dry up any mucus and Metacam to reduce any swelling in the nasal passages. The Zithromax that he's currently on isn't making much difference this time :(, so it's clearly not infection either. The fact that it comes and goes makes us think it's not something like polyps because otherwise he'd be snuffly all the time. He's very bright and perky in himself though, and eating well. So confused as to what to try next really, which is why I'm going to stop putting him outside now to see if that helps (he's running around in the conservatory at the moment instead :thumb:). Nebuliser's not here yet but Mr Fedex said it should arrive today ;).

Believe me, we've pretty much tried everything. Hes been on 0.2ml of Piriton syrup twice a day - makes no difference. He's also had bisolvon to dry up any mucus and Metacam to reduce any swelling in the nasal passages. The Zithromax that he's currently on isn't making much difference this time :(, so it's clearly not infection either. The fact that it comes and goes makes us think it's not something like polyps because otherwise he'd be snuffly all the time. He's very bright and perky in himself though, and eating well. So confused as to what to try next really, which is why I'm going to stop putting him outside now to see if that helps (he's running around in the conservatory at the moment instead :thumb:). Nebuliser's not here yet but Mr Fedex said it should arrive today ;).

This is pretty much where I'm at with Vince. We've tried everything. Vet feels he has scarred nasal passages ( he had a long exposure to a bad infection at a young age before we rescued him). We currently use steam therapy and thats helps but I'm wondering if nebulizing would be even better.

I would be tempted to try it Lea-Anne, Bluebell had terrible scarring from infections and the nebulising really made him more comfortable.

Well my nebuliser arrived less than 24 hrs after ordering from Evergreen :thumb:. Gave Jaffa 10 mins to start with just using saline solution. Put him in the wire carry cage, pushed the pipe through the cage and covered the whole thing with a towel. He was a bit freaked out to start with as the mist hisses a bit but he calmed down after the first 5 mins. Too early to say whether it's helped yet but I'll give him another 10 mins before bedtime and then up it to 15 mins tomorrow. I bought LOADS of saline solution...........didn't realise you only needed to use about 5 to 10ml at a time :oops::lol:. I thought it was a bit like a steamer that you filled with water :lol:. Doh!

Back