• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There were four in the shed and the little one said...

Hope it is all going well. They certainly seem to be relaxed together :love:

Thank you everyone, they appreciate the kind words! :love:

They all seem happy enough apart from Maple :( Hence sitting on the feeder. Jellybean is a meanie - right now I'm not convinced this will work long term but I think I need to give it a few more days.

Thank you everyone, they appreciate the kind words! :love:

They all seem happy enough apart from Maple :( Hence sitting on the feeder. Jellybean is a meanie - right now I'm not convinced this will work long term but I think I need to give it a few more days.

I would persevere.
I never thought Tulip would bond with Pepper but got there in the end. although she is mean to him sometimes, they do like being together

I would persevere.
I never thought Tulip would bond with Pepper but got there in the end. although she is mean to him sometimes, they do like being together

Thanks Mike, that is encouraging, I will try for a bit longer! I feel really bad though because Maple has been isolating herself the past couple of days and her sister and Jellybean have been grooming each other a lot :( No exaggeration that the two sisters would be grooming each other and snuggling almost 24/7 every day when they were living just as a pair. If it seems that Maple is permanently excluded in a week's time or so then I'm not going to keep them all together because it isn't fair on her, especially as she's such a love bug.

oh dear, very sad Maple is isolating :(

I did find that my presence helped with the Tulip/Pepper situation. She was more into making sure I wasn't getting too close than dealing with Pepper

Awww they're so pretty!
I hope Maple gets over her grump and gets back to her usual self soon with no isolating herself [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Awww they're so pretty!
I hope Maple gets over her grump and gets back to her usual self soon with no isolating herself [emoji173]

I think the worry is that she is being kinda excluded by the others. :(
bunnies can be so mean.

bunnies can be so mean.
Oh sorry! Completely misunderstood :( thought she was just not wanting to join in with them :s
Sorry!
That case I hope the others stop their excluding and get Maple into the group!

Beautiful photos of bunnies all in harmony - except Maple.
Now, I am certainly no bonding expert so please don't think I'm worth listening to. I just have some observations. You don't suggest any fighting so this is a huge positive and from what I can see, their combined body language is not aggressive. They all seem passive - even Maple from her view point. Maple could be aprehensive, unsure? She sees her sister there enjoying herself so she might feel anxious about that, but also she could feel perhaps as if the situation is not a threat. Maple might also be a jealous rabbit - having had her sister's friendship all that time and now she sees her sister bonding with others. Maple could become isolated and this could be more problematic - in my very unexpert opinion. I'm not sure how you change the dynamics but a slow approach is always going to be rewarded.
I am sure there are far greater experts on bonding - especially with quads who will give you a far greater wisdom than I am. But there are many positives from your report and photos so this is a wonderful story. :love:

bunnies can be so mean.

Yep - it's more so that Jellybean is mean. She likes Lily because she's submissive. Her personality reminds me a lot of Plumpkin. Whereas Maple has Beatrice's fiesty spark.

I've observed with Jellybean that she's very dominant. I think this is why her and Hamilton are a good match - he's the dopiest bunny ever. He makes friends with every bird and cat that comes into the garden - such a friendly but laid back character. Jellybean will steal food out of his mouth every time they have breakfast and he won't care. It has to be her way - everything has to be on her terms. I think Maple is scared of her and I don't blame her really. I can't see the two of them melding but I'm going to give it a few more days.

:love: When I was bonding my quad, I had a trio and a single situation going on for a short while. One of the girls was left out but thankfully they all sorted themselves out just as I was thinking of pulling the plug! Hope they sort things out.

:love: When I was bonding my quad, I had a trio and a single situation going on for a short while. One of the girls was left out but thankfully they all sorted themselves out just as I was thinking of pulling the plug! Hope they sort things out.

Thanks so much for telling me this Zoobec, it is reassuring! I just went to check on them before bed and gave them some forage to keep them happy as I know it's quite boring for them being shut in all this time. Maple was a bit braver and they did all eat together for a few minutes before she got scared and ran off again. So maybe it just needs time. Such a nerve-wracking experience though, goodness me, the stress of it all :lol:

Thanks so much for telling me this Zoobec, it is reassuring! I just went to check on them before bed and gave them some forage to keep them happy as I know it's quite boring for them being shut in all this time. Maple was a bit braver and they did all eat together for a few minutes before she got scared and ran off again. So maybe it just needs time. Such a nerve-wracking experience though, goodness me, the stress of it all :lol:

Bonding is very stressful! I hope they relax together soon. I fed a lot of herbs and forage when I’ve been bonding, and dried mixes scattered into a big pile of hay in the middle to encourage them to eat together.

Have you noticed any changes in Lily and Maple's eating preferences whilst they are with Hamilton and Jellybean i.e are they eating forage and hay with greater enthusiasm?

Back