• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There was this little 4 month old guinea pig.... I know this is in wrong section.

Oh I used to love Rupert the bear. Just googled as couldn't remember the names of the characters, there was Bill (badger) Edward Trunk, Willie (mouse), Pong-ping (Pekingese), Algy pug, podgy pig, Bingo, Freddie and Ferdy fox,Ming the dragon and Raggety. There are also the human characters in the stories,,the Professor , Tiger Lily (a Chinese girl), her father "the Conjuror", and Sailor Sam, Captain Binnacle and Rollo, the Gypsy boy, and a Merboy.

I did just the same thing a couple of weeks ago...only the sad little piggie I 'acquired' was a sow......she looked so miserable all alone in a tiny glass tank that I just had to take her home with me. After a quarantine period, she joined my group of 7 (now 8 :D). and she's a totally different girlie, popcorning and zooming round the cage with the others.....and she has by far the loudest wheek of all at veggie time! She's soon learned the 'drill'!

I always try to live by the mantra "adopt not shop", and all but three of my 13 piggies are adopted, but something about the look in her eyes in that shop made my heart ache. And now I know I did the right thing because it makes me so happy to see her so happy :D

Quick update re Rupert Bear......I haven't spotted him this morning, however there are plenty of little poops around his hutch so obviously he has dared to venture out during the night. I had better get busy rustling some food bags to encourage Connie and Pirate to be more vocal which in turn might encourage RB to join in with their piggy conversations.

When I get a friend/ friends for RB, I would like to give them names from the Rupert Bear stories. But I can't remember anymore names. Could anyone help please?

Ideally a couple of names for each gender.

Thanks. x

Tiger Lily.

Algernon.

Rupert Bear annuals handed down from a cousin. They were cartoons with captions, with the story at the bottom of the page. there's a low windowsill in my dad's living room, now just the right height for granddaughter to use as a bench, where, at her age, my grandma used to read Rupert Bear stories to me. Daughter and my mum would play there, later. That makes me feel quite weepy. One windowsill, three generations of little girls!

Last edited:
Right, I know this is about guinea pigs and I had accidentally started this thread in the wrong section.........:oops:, but a little update to warm your hearts.

Rupert Bear has settled in really well, found his squeak....and has spent most of this week trying to woo a couple of your sows in a hutch nearby!!!!! Vocal or what!!!!! The sows go home today....so he will only have Pirate and Connie around to talk to in piggy language...........but not for too long!!! Rubert Bear and I are off to Windwhistle very soon to find him a new friend. Alice who runs Windwhistle has set aside a little boar of around 10 weeks old to hopefully bond and become Rupert's new friend. Rupert is only about 5 months old so fingers crossed that they become the best of pals!!!!

So it will be me, Delilah and Frankie the buns, Pirate and Connie the bonded piggies....and hopefully Rupert Bear and.................Algernon!!!

Delilah and Frankie, Pirate and Connie...................

Rupert Bear and...................................................ALGERNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a bond!!!!!:D

Pics will be done, but both Rupert and Algernon are still rather skittish so I will give them some time to settle in first.....then piccies!!!

Aww...I can't see the name Algernon without thinking of the book. It's an awesome name and I've always wanted a wee mousie or ratty to name that. Never thought of it for a piggy, but it's brilliant! :love:
Looking forward to those piccies when they've properly settled. :)

You have such a big heart, Mrs. B. :love: xxxx

Back