• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There is a bunny..

You wouldn't be evil but I'd try rescuing :) Or even getting a baby from someone who has had an accidental litter (hum hum... that wouldn't be me :/ I promise! No, I really do... :p) That would be like rescuing :p

I just know I've fallen in love.

Go for it then woman!!! I got my Pumpkin for the sales bit of P@H, went in for hay and this silly woman was trying to buy her to put her in a 4foot hutch with no run, for her son who was around 6ish. She's a Harlequin so would have outgrown such a hutch in no time.
The staff at P@H begged me to pick Pumpkin up and give her a cuddle so this woman couldn't have her (they knew I'd just lost my harlequin and was devastated)
Ended up in love with her and after a massive verbal argument with the silly woman (who was in every week trying to buy different pets) she left after myself and staff at P@H refused to let her have any bun as she wouldn't buy an appropriate sized hutch. I just couldn't put Pumpkin back after fighting her corner so brought her home :)
To this day, I don't feel guilty! People will continue to buy from pet shops for many years to come and it's going to be a long time before we can stop livestock sales so I always figure, why not?
In the future, I will be rescuing but will never feel guilty for getting my Pumpkin :D In my eyes, I did rescue her :D

Go for it then woman!!! I got my Pumpkin for the sales bit of P@H, went in for hay and this silly woman was trying to buy her to put her in a 4foot hutch with no run, for her son who was around 6ish. She's a Harlequin so would have outgrown such a hutch in no time.
The staff at P@H begged me to pick Pumpkin up and give her a cuddle so this woman couldn't have her (they knew I'd just lost my harlequin and was devastated)
Ended up in love with her and after a massive verbal argument with the silly woman (who was in every week trying to buy different pets) she left after myself and staff at P@H refused to let her have any bun as she wouldn't buy an appropriate sized hutch. I just couldn't put Pumpkin back after fighting her corner so brought her home :)
To this day, I don't feel guilty! People will continue to buy from pet shops for many years to come and it's going to be a long time before we can stop livestock sales so I always figure, why not?In the future, I will be rescuing but will never feel guilty for getting my Pumpkin :D In my eyes, I did rescue her :D

Because it doesnt help the situation.

I'm still reeling over the PACT revelations of last week and i dont think i could ever go back to supporting the pet shop trade - no matter how much i felt tempted because people who buy from the pet shops are supporting the back yard breeders.

I'm really sorry i had to speak out - i dont want a debate but Chul, if you approach a rescue, they can help with bonding, the bun will already be neutered and you are actually saving money! You wont have to deal with hormones, neutering, bonding and you will be secure in the knowledge that Bunski has chosen his forever friend.

That makes sense to me??

I'm still reeling over the PACT revelations of last week and i dont think i could ever go back to supporting the pet shop trade - no matter how much i felt tempted because people who buy from the pet shops are supporting the back yard breeders.

I'm really sorry i had to speak out - i dont want a debate but Chul, if you approach a rescue, they can help with bonding, the bun will already be neutered and you are actually saving money! You wont have to deal with hormones, neutering, bonding and you will be secure in the knowledge that Bunski has chosen his forever friend.

That makes sense to me??
Yup yup, I know this. I won't be getting her. I don't even know if she is still there.

I do not want a debate here. I just wanted to post about her.

I'm so sorry Chul - i've been in that heart breaking position before and i know it's not nice. :cry:

That makes sense to me??

Ah, how stupid I am :( For some reason, the poor PACT bunnies slipped my mind :( So sorry :(

You're right Grin... totally right. Sorry for me being a complete nugget and forgetting!

I agree with you and in future, I don't want to buy another bun and will always rescue anyway.

Sorry again for being a moron :(

Ah, how stupid I am :( For some reason, the poor PACT bunnies slipped my mind :( So sorry :(

You're right Grin... totally right. Sorry for me being a complete nugget and forgetting!

I agree with you and in future, I don't want to buy another bun and will always rescue anyway.

Sorry again for being a moron :(

No need to apologise. I think people are guilty of forgetting these situations when head rules heart. This is why i think we need to see changes made in law.

Rabbitgallery.asp

http://www.pawzforthought.org/Rabbitgallery.asp?index=22

Yup yup, I know this. I won't be getting her. I don't even know if she is still there.

I do not want a debate here. I just wanted to post about her.

I would say get her. If she is in a petshop then she will probably end up in a rescue eventually anyway :roll:

I would say if you have the money, accomadation etc, have thought about it and you can't stop thinking about her than get her. I know rescue's are a better option but this bun needs a home as much as any. I saw a lovely bun in a pet shop who was there for weeks and I so wanted to get him but had nowhere I could possibly keep him seperate from Beano. I really loved him and used to go in just to see him, he would always come to greet me and binky about! One day he was gone and I wonder if he went to a good home or bad one. If I could go back I would've got him, you can't go back and if you really want and can give this bun a home then go for it :)

For every one sensible person who refuses to but pets and rescues them, there are probably fifty stupid irresponsible owners who will impulse buy them. They won't rescue because 'it costs more' because they have no intention of getting their pets neutered or vaccinated. And they won't be allowed to rescue anyway because they have no intention of keeping the rabbit (or any other pet) in a suitable way.

I'm sorry to say it but I don't think the pet trade will ever stop when businesses can make money of stupid, irresponsible people. :censored:

I've never bought a rabbit. I took a rabbit from a pet shop once and my others have all been rescues too. But I did buy my chinchilla Cheech. She was eight months old and had been in the pet shop for half her life, in a horrible, rusty, wire bottomed cage with no house and plastic ball. I'll never regret getting her because I love her so much. But rescuing helps two pets, the one you home and the one who can take their space in the rescue. :)

I had that problem with falling in love with a P@H rabbit :( I go there every 2 weeks to get food and any other bits n bobs for the bunnies. There was this Wild looking baby bunny about 8 weeks i was like aaahh cute as you would but i didnt have the room for another bunny. 5 months Later i saw this wild looking bunny in the adoption centre and asked about her. The lady said she has been here since she was 8 weeks but was put out the back as no one wanted her :( So i said i will have her. She is now bonded with my singke male. Im happy i have her but im sad that she was in that horrible place for 6 months :(
Here she is:
Picture577.jpg

Dear all - I have found the perfect rescue bun and have started the process of trying to adopt. :love:

Last edited:
Back