• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Heated Bowl works!! And some bunny pics.

I am so pleased. I rigged it up last night after the bowls were frozen the night before and it is incredible. The bowls were frozen solid and the heated bowl is at room temperature.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

When I was out cleaning them out, I rarely see them drink but today three of them had good long drinks while I was out. It holds abaout 4 pints so enough for seve buns overnight. I managed to catch Floppy in the act.

20121213_140451.jpg

After cleaning out and putting in fresh hay, they descended like buns posessed! Ali was struggling to find a space though.

20121213_140254.jpg

So she went off in search of hay in their snuggle area.

20121213_140313.jpg

But then they all squidged up and fitted into the litter tray together. There were seven in the bed..

20121213_140405.jpg

The bowl came from America, it worked out at $41 or £25.50 including delivery. Expensive but then if it works.....!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

It says it works to -20f which is -29C

Oh wow, I love seeing bunny groups huddled up together :love: Makes me tempted to try and bond my four into a quad....... :lol:

Thanks for the link - I was looking at Amazon Uk and it was twice the price. Just ordered one. :D

Glad it helped. It will take a bit longer but often things are cheaper through Amazon.com.

Oh wow, I love seeing bunny groups huddled up together :love: Makes me tempted to try and bond my four into a quad....... :lol:

Aww, go for it. I love my quad! The group was even better but just too much when I was ill.

This is fab. A must for me I reckon! Outdoor plug socket right next to the shed so no problems there, thanks for the link. :thumb:

ETA: Just remembered I have credit with amazon from the surveys I do! Even better. :D

Last edited:
Its arrived, just need to get a bit of split tubing to protect the bit of wire that they may be able to access - most will be outside their enclosure.

Looks good :) And what a lovely bunch you have, I'm jealous you have such a big group.

My bowls don't seem to freeze, musn't be as cold here.

Back