• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Bunny Shed Beckons!

Is Max a bun that's okay with ramps?

Just wondering if it might be best to do the easy (but not quite ideal) solution so that he gets some company for now - it sounds like he needs it poor boy. Then see how he is doing & maybe rearrange when you know if Max & Foxglove will pair up or if you've got singletons.

Is Max a bun that's okay with ramps?

Just wondering if it might be best to do the easy (but not quite ideal) solution so that he gets some company for now - it sounds like he needs it poor boy. Then see how he is doing & maybe rearrange when you know if Max & Foxglove will pair up or if you've got singletons.

Yeah, your prob right, Max loves ramps! He loves to play generally, some of mine don't move from morning to evening.

But you said all the pens have ramps and second levels?

I am not getting at you, I just think 5ft by 5ft is too small for a pair of bunnies to spend all their time.

While I completely agree that this size is not generally suitable for a pair of healthy bunnies, I think in this case you have to look at the bigger picture.

we have one group that spend all their time in a pen, I think measures 7 or 8 ft by 4 ft. I have tried to get them to free range in the house or go in a garden run but due to their problems they just can't cope with it and very much prefer the security of their pen :) But they get the best food, toys, love and vet treatment :)

I think the majority of Phill's buns have behavioural and other problems and in all honesty if she had not given them a chance I think many of them would have been pts or been stuck in rescue for the rest of their lives :(

So in this particular case it is better they get the love patience and understanding they need by someone who is willing to take them on and love them for who they are, than get a few extra feet of exercise space :)

While I completely agree that this size is not generally suitable for a pair of healthy bunnies, I think in this case you have to look at the bigger picture.

we have one group that spend all their time in a pen, I think measures 7 or 8 ft by 4 ft. I have tried to get them to free range in the house or go in a garden run but due to their problems they just can't cope with it and very much prefer the security of their pen But they get the best food, toys, love and vet treatment

I think the majority of Phill's buns have behavioural and other problems and in all honesty if she had not given them a chance I think many of them would have been pts or been stuck in rescue for the rest of their lives

So in this particular case it is better they get the love patience and understanding they need by someone who is willing to take them on and love them for who they are, than get a few extra feet of exercise space

Brilliant post. I have been sat here for the last hour trying to think of how to word it eactly like that.

not being rude.. but i dont wanna see the shed i need to see bunnies :lol::lol::lol::lol:

im a lazy sod so id vote for leave as is and just work with the space you have....:oops::oops:

Aww - bless you!

I'm really pleased that Foxglove will have a home that understands her & where she isn't expected to be a cuddle bun. I've still got a soft spot for her despite the scars:oops:

I'll have a think about you shed this afternoon whilst I'm pottering around. One question - where/how many doors are there?

Aww - bless you!

I'm really pleased that Foxglove will have a home that understands her & where she isn't expected to be a cuddle bun. I've still got a soft spot for her despite the scars:oops:

I'll have a think about you shed this afternoon whilst I'm pottering around. One question - where/how many doors are there?

Ok The first two pens on the left have a door each, the first pen only goes into that one, from the second pen you get into the middle pen on the left and from there into the back pen on the left.
The pen on the right has a door and then leads into the back pen on the right.
The two back pens are 5x5.5ft and house Dash and Scooter my two half wildies and Missy and Arther, Missy is EXTEREMELY Aggressive and Arthur is very very timid, they are at the back so they don't have to be disturbed to much.
The middle left pen houses Ron and Eva, Ron who is nine and Eva who has extreme arthritis in her spine, this is also the warmest pen. The middle pen on the right houses Jamima, Winston and Sooty, Sooty hates ramps and hates going outside and is a grumpy bun, jamima is aggressive and Winston is just an angel.
The two pens at the front have Stitch and Jasmine and Reuben and Plum in them, Stitch and Jasmine are friendly and playful and Reuben is also fine (very tiny bunny) Plum has EC and i have to be very careful not to stress her out, Reuben and Plums pen is the smallest at 5x4.5ft.

Oh and i can move all the doors etc as the pens are built from panels.

Last edited:
Actually, I meant the hoomin sized door into the shed!:oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: The hoomin doors are i think 4ft wide, i would have to mesure to make sure. there's just the one double where i am standing taking the picture.

Thanks Raine, i need to get Max somwhere that he can see other buns until Foxglove arrives and he can then see her, i think i will do what Kate said and put another pen in at the front temporarily.

Back