• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tail Wagging?

Loosy

Warren Veteran
I was just wondering whether anyone had any idea what a sort of side to side tail wagging meant in bunnies.
I have never noticed this in Pipkin before because he has such a tiny tail, but I've noticed Ruby wags her tail all the time.
At first I thought it was just when she was a bit annoyed because when I was first bonding her with Pipkin she would do it as she hopped away from him when he was following her.
But earlier she wagged her tail just before launching into a binky, and as she came over to the food bown when I put their veggies down. She also seems to do it when she starts hopping around after sitting down for a while.

I'm pretty curious about it :lol:

I think tail wagging is a sign of heightened emotion, be that positive or negative emotion.

Coupled with a binky it can be a sign the bunny is feeling very happy and maybe even excited. When bonding another rabbit for example, it can be a sign of disgust or irritation.

If you watch a rabbits tail it is a very good indicator of how it is feeling, and along with other body language exhibited it can help you gauge how the rabbit is feeling about you, another rabbit or its surroundings.

Cerys :)

I think tail wagging is a sign of heightened emotion, be that positive or negative emotion.

Coupled with a binky it can be a sign the bunny is feeling very happy and maybe even excited. When bonding another rabbit for example, it can be a sign of disgust or irritation.

If you watch a rabbits tail it is a very good indicator of how it is feeling, and along with other body language exhibited it can help you gauge how the rabbit is feeling about you, another rabbit or its surroundings.

Hmm, that definitely makes sense!
In that case, I think Ruby must be a very emotional bunny :lol:

Yes, I have a few very emotional bunnies of my own, who are definately not afraid to let me know what they think!! :lol::lol:

There is a bunny at the sanctuary I work at called Pickles who is always wagging his tail! He was badly neglected before he came to the sanctuary, he too is a very emotional bunny! He even waggles his little tail when I speak to him, and he wiggles it around like a helicopter blade before binkying! :lol:

my last rex Enya would twitch her tail from side to side if she was annoyed with you ususly while glaring at you over her shoulder, but my new rex Inara wags hers up and down when she is excited or about to binki. pierre and Kyi don't move thairs much at all.

Back