• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Suspected EC

Thanks again for all the replies.
It helps so much to have somewhere to get all of this out and get anything back in return.

Oh also I thought I'd mention that Lola is doing fantastically well. I was really worried about her because she's so shy and never takes a step outside their room without Niggy taking the lead but she's become a different bun entirely. She's been binkying about and running around like a nutter which she hasn't done since she was a young bun. She comes in my bedroom in the mornings and in the lounge for a bit in the evenings. She sits and grooms me while I do niggy's physio. She seems so much more confident and I'd maybe even say happier.

Thismorning she sorted my pile of laundry, it was bizarre. She put pants and socks in one pile, two bras in another pile and when the hoodie was too big to move she simply "ironed" it, leaving it neat and flat in the middle of the other piles.:lol:

She was in an awful way this morning so I took her to her steroid appointment with the knowledge it would instead be euthanasia but I think the stress of it all was too much. She passed away when the vet left the room to get the equipment.

She was in an awful way this morning so I took her to her steroid appointment with the knowledge it would instead be euthanasia but I think the stress of it all was too much. She passed away when the vet left the room to get the equipment.

I'm so sorry. You both fought long & hard. Sweet dreams Rambo xx

Last edited:
I’m so very sorry, you did everything you could for her :cry: thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Binky free Rambo xx

Last edited:

Oh I am so very, very sorry. You both fought so hard. I am sure you feel utterly distraught :cry: But she is at peace now. After death nothing can cause pain for the deceeased in any shape or form. It is those who mourn the passing who suffer :cry: xx

I was doing pretty well with it and decided to put their room back how it was for lola. Niggy was on the floor wrapped in a towel and I stepped backwards on to her. It was awful. I'm certain I crushed her skull, I heard and felt the crunching but I couldn't bring myself to look and check and it dawned on me that I'll never see her again. I've basically been a mess since then.

She's buried now. Found a nice little clearing with a nearby bench in the woods and a rabbit disappeared in to the gorse as we got there.

Lola is doing ok.

Thankyou everyone.

Lola spent yesterday evening in the lounge with us and the night on the floor by the bed. I've had to leave her alone to come to work today and I feel dreadful.
She's pretty perky though, she spent about 15 minutes yesterday just bombing around the living room, down the hallway, around their room, back down the hallway to the lounge and round again.

Back