• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sudden change in poo colour!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
This morning Bertie was Prince of Golden Boulders; tonight his output is very dark. He did have a hay cake overnight and a couple of bowls or orchard grass hay (he has had this hay before, but had been on mainly Timothy for about a week. Should I be concerned by such a sudden change. Another factor to mention is that our weather has changed to warm and muggy after weeks of sunshine.

Could be warm weather chase does that I'd keep an eye on him. Has he been out on grass? As that can make them dark to

Mine have darker poops with orchard hay!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It is supposed to be really good for teeth but I do think the few days he was on other hay coincided with the Golden Boulders. Reassuring to know other buns have darker output on orchard grass. Thanks.

Mine never have golden poo, just medium to dark brown. Type and source of hay from nutrients in soil.

Back