• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sturdy Hutch recommendations

Hugo'smum

New Kit
Hello,

As you may be aware I was looking for French Lops as I had lost my magnificent big lad and posted about this on here and ithe replies I received made me think.

I am registered blind and work full time and wanted a large bunny rather than one I wouldn't be able to see or catch!

I have found 3 babies who were in need of rescue and apart from one being nervous we are getting there slowly.

As they will grow to be fairly big I am looking for well made hutches that have substantial tongue and groove rather than thin plywood.

I have tried researching and thought I had made a good decision....however without naming the company their description and what was actually delivered left a lot to be desired.

They stated that they made the best hutches in the UK and were superior to any others.

I wondered if anyone could recommend a hutch maker that could be ordered on line and delivered that was of good quality?

I know someone mentioned Welfarehutches as a good option....but I don't want to make another costly error of judement.

Hugs

Joy

What about Ryedale Hutches? they are often recommended.

I made the massive mistake of buying my hutch from Pets at Home...........

I love my welfare hutch. My two belgian hares have it in their welfare hutch run. They also have part of our large storage shed (accessed via a welfare hutch connection pipe).

I really rate their products. I also love the way that they do not sell any hutches below the recommended minimum size.

Have you got the space for a shed? It is SOOOOOOO much easier/nicer in the bad weather.

Would a shed not be more practical for a group of large rabbits? Hutches are not really suitable for the bigger breeds and certainly get a bit cramped where a group is involved.

Boyle's Pet Housing would do a good tongue and groove solid-as-heck hutch too, or shed!! Which would be more practical for a large breed trio.

Thanks for your replies.

I would rather stick to hutches as being blind and the "mucker outerer" as I feel this would be far easier for me than a shed. I do have a fairly large garden and all my rabbits are housed individually in suitably large hutches. The best one is the one my husband built over 14 years ago and it is still gong strong.

I just want to ensure that whichever I choose is exactly what it says on the tin!

Welfare hutches seem to be the obvious choice ...I don't think Boyles deliver and I live in Colchester although an ex Yorkshire lass.

Boyle's do deliver :) I'm in Herts and he built and delivered my shed down to me.

Is there a reason all yours are kept separately? Have you thought of bonding them together?

Back