• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stringy poops

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
I've noticed that Flo, whilst being a healthy pooper, has been doing some stringy poops - sort of linked together recently. She's having a moult, as is Leo, and her appetite appears to be strong and healthy. She's weeing normally but this evening she seems more subdued than she usually is. She's not really going round mowing the lawn like she normally does. She's just sort of sitting and chilling. This morning she and Leo were active enough on the lawn when I let them out, and all the food was gone when I got home from work at tea time so they're eating ok.
Could anyone advise me on what stringy linked poops mean or am I just being over cautious?
Thank you all in advance
Craig

Sounds like fur to me Craig, but not certain. Treacle used to do a few during moulty times. Hope Flo is ok x

Wow - thanks Jane. I never thought I would glean so much satisfaction from reading about poops. This is a great helpful link - thank you so much. :thumb:

Just quickly - flo is a completely different bun this morning. Her presentation last night was just something I was a bit worried about as she usually belts out into the garden at tea time and starts munching grass. Last night she just wasn’t interested. This morning she’s bright as a button and keen to get out - which she has.

I expect Flo has been grooming Leo and has ingested fur so plenty of grass or hay should help to move the fur through, only small amounts of pellets and veg!!

Just quickly - flo is a completely different bun this morning. Her presentation last night was just something I was a bit worried about as she usually belts out into the garden at tea time and starts munching grass. Last night she just wasn’t interested. This morning she’s bright as a button and keen to get out - which she has.
That's really good to hear! I'm glad she has been enjoying the garden today. :love:

Back