• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stanley-U/D 7th Oct- Bad News :-(

On examination this morning I have found a more generalised lymphodenopathy :cry: Although 'OK within himself' it is very obvious that there is something sinister going on for Stanley :cry:

He is still benefitting from the long-acting steroid and he's also on abx and prokinetics. I am going to have a word with C about him this morning.

On examination this morning I have found a more generalised lymphodenopathy :cry: Although 'OK within himself' it is very obvious that there is something sinister going on for Stanley :cry:

He is still benefitting from the long-acting steroid and he's also on abx and prokinetics. I am going to have a word with C about him this morning.

Poor Stanley, why don't you get bloods and a conscious abdominal x-ray taken, at least with more information you will have a better idea of what you are dealing with and that way you don't have to stress over things that might not be :)

I know you are reluctant to put your bunnies through tests but we have had three 8 to 10 year old buns at the vets for investigative tests and/or GA this morning and they are all fine so far :D We spend most of our vet bills on bloods and x-rays as it is so much easier to cope with things when you have a fuller picture :)

Sending feeling better vibes for Stanley and calming vibes for you :D

Poor Stanley, why don't you get bloods and a conscious abdominal x-ray taken, at least with more information you will have a better idea of what you are dealing with and that way you don't have to stress over things that might not be :)

I know you are reluctant to put your bunnies through tests but we have had three 8 to 10 year old buns at the vets for investigative tests and/or GA this morning and they are all fine so far :D We spend most of our vet bills on bloods and x-rays as it is so much easier to cope with things when you have a fuller picture :)

Sending feeling better vibes for Stanley and calming vibes for you :D

I will go with whatever my Vet advises.
Sometimes endless diagnostics are not in the Bun's best interests.
Stanley has had a FBP done which has not been very helpful.
I do not want him to have invasive surgery
A fine needle biopsy of one of the enlarged lymph nodes might be done but I would rather he had a few weeks of 'good quality' life rather than a year of tests, GA's and stress

I will go with whatever my Vet advises.
Sometimes endless diagnostics are not in the Bun's best interests.
Stanley has had a FBP done which has not been very helpful.
I do not want him to have invasive surgery
A fine needle biopsy of one of the enlarged lymph nodes might be done but I would rather he had a few weeks of 'good quality' life rather than a year of tests, GA's and stress

I wasn't suggesting invasive surgery for a minute as we would never do that either. And I agree that quality of life is more important than a year of tests :) I was only suggesting simple bloods and a conscious abdominal x-ray to give you a better indication of the problem.

Timmy had his GA this morning for his x-ray and bloods and is now home and eating quite happily none the worse for wear :love:

Back