• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stalky hay current recommendations

redlabel

Alpha Buck
Bella + Buttons usually have meadow hay bought locally. I've tried samples of all the other types but they haven't gone down too well. Anyway, the meadow hay at the moment all seems to be stalky but very fine and it's not suiting Bella
(who is a fussy, dental bun) and so I am looking for a coarse and stalky hay which she prefers.
From searching on here there seem to be 3 options: Hay4Pets Timothy + Rye, Burns green oat hay and Willow Warren Timothy. Would love any tips about what is currently coarse and stalky as Bella is a delicate little rabbit and it concerns us when she's not eating so much.
Thank you!

Not had the others but the Timothy and Rye from hayforpets is nice and stalky and being demolished by our lot right now.

There's also 'stalky' from Dust Free Hay. Not had any recently but it's always gone down well. Willow Warren timothy is ALWAYS very stalky and a firm favourite. Mind you, the last batch of H4P timothy and rye was lovely and stalky and went down well too :thumb:.

My girls love Oxbow Western timothy hay. Its expensive but really stalky and is always eaten.

That's one I haven't looked at so shall have a look now. Thank you.
The meadow hay we have at the moment is stalky enough it's the coarseness too that I'm after.

The hay from timothyhay.co.uk is amazing. The buns love it and have lovely golden poops now. x

The hay from timothyhay.co.uk is amazing. The buns love it and have lovely golden poops now. x

This. Coco was always a rubbish hay eater and now I've switched she munches away like mad :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Back