• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SSPCA Babies

:lol: :lol: :lol: They all say that my hubby said no more pets since he said that we have had five buns and now he is even working out ways of being able to home more ie: sheds and runs :D

If temperament is really important with your children etc. then you'd probably be better off adopting a neutered rabbit a year plus old. Babies are cute but until they grow up you've no idea what they're temperament will be like. Rabbits go through alot of changes when the reach maturity and can become territorial, agreesive and start spraying etc. With an adult its much clearer from the start what you are getting. I expect they have adults there too.

Have a good think about it anyway and try to ignore the cuteness factor ;)

Tam

Yeah i have gopt to agree with Tasmin there, We had a netherland dwarf called bunbun years ago and she was an adorable baby, so loving seemed to always want our attention but my god did she change she was a very miserbale bun in adulthood and remained that way till she went to bunny heaven.

Its sooooooo hard to ignore the little cute bunnies though :oops:

I brought Sooty home without telling my hubby but he eventually came round. He doesnt have anything to do with Sooty but can't ignore him as Sooty lives in the kitchen! If hubby is logical you could explain how two bonded bunnies would be much happier together as buns are group animals. They wouldnt take up much more room and would mean you dont have to spend all your time entertaining the single bun. More time for hubby.!!! Mine has come to accept the fact that another bun is on the way but we compromised over the location and because they are not bonded yet i need double space. I am keeping them both in the girls' playroom where they can have lots of space. Good luck with everything!!! :D :D :D

My hubby tries to be stubborn, but it doesnt work, went on about always wanting a bunnyfor the past 6-7 yrs, then at easter, totally out of the blue we saw a cute baby and he said I could have it and bought him for me for my easter pressie :D
Then as we read up found he needed a friend, so (slightly reluctantly) he said we better get him a girlfriend, he said 2 buns was more than enough and I was NOT ALLOWED any more pets, that was 5 weeks ago, I now have 4 buns instead of 2 :lol: :lol: and he has become as besotted with them as I am, always looking at ways he can build bigger or better runs and hutchs for them and also he keeps mentioning the idea of enclosing and securing an outside area so in time we can foster......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MEN !! they try to be hard but it doesnt work on us women :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi,
If you needed transport help I may be able to sort something from Edinburgh to the Borders.
I live in Edinburgh but have just got a job at Borders Council so will be travelling down daily from next week....
I may even be through in Glasgow in the next few weeks, but obviously don't know how this would work out with home checks etc and as Tamsin says you might be better with a mature rabbit.

Abi

Same place? Newton St Boswells, but don't start till the 1st of June.
I will be away from tommorrow until Sunday, taking a break before I start.
PM me if you need help and I will get back to you when I'm home and back online. Likewise if you find a home for your bunny further North.

The babies are so cute, wish I was in a position to take a bunny on at the moment.

The wee furry pair are going to my friend this weekend. Have string on general chat. Three sisters left. They were all beautiful :love:

Back