• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser's food diary

Great news Susie :D:wave:

In a normal evening (when you're not out), how often would you visit or check on Spenser?

If Bouncer is eating and I approach him he will stop what he's doing.... Paw-paw doesn't care, she should have been named Dyson :roll:

There is a chance that you are "disturbing" his Lordship :shock:

Great news Susie :D:wave:

In a normal evening (when you're not out), how often would you visit or check on Spenser?

If Bouncer is eating and I approach him he will stop what he's doing.... Paw-paw doesn't care, she should have been named Dyson :roll:

There is a chance that you are "disturbing" his Lordship :shock:

I think part of the problem may be that we haven't had a 'normal' evening, or certainly not a run of them, since before his neuter. :oops: I'm torn between giving him more stimulation and exercise (indoors) and letting him get back into routine (3-4 visits approx). Actually things would be changing about now anyway, as the evenings are lighter (especially further north as we are) so there are naturally more comings and goings in the garden. It won't be long before his pen is moved onto the grass.

Spenser ate a reasonable amount of his breakfast, but it has been a warm day and he has spent most of it sleeping. He hasn't moulted yet - goodness knows why as we've had a run of mild weather.:? He still hasn't finished his morning pellets, and I'm thinking about softening them if they don't go soon. He had some grass today, because my parents moved his run onto the lawn while I was out. I put him back in the hutch after our dinner as I don't want him eating too much grass when he's not realluy used to it. I'm not very popular. :(

Spenser nommed his breakfast pellets quite quickly by recent standard today. :D He also showed immediate interest in his greens, and has now eaten most of them. :D He's still off fenugreek crunchies, but if his eating keeps up like this I'll be able to relax a bit.

Well, Spenser is not wanting his tea tonight, but the amount of pellets he had this morning was probably what some buns get in a day. He's had grass too as he was out in the run this afternoon.

All veg nommed. :D Our nights are now considerably longer, and I'm thinking that this might have added to the various upsets to his routine. I really miss having him in the house, and I would certainly bring him in on wet days to get decent exercise, but he is certainly nomming better outside.

YAY!!!! :D seems spenser likes eating outside :lol: got to get the view right for lord spenser :lol: im so glad he is nomming better, i bet your so reliefed! xx

Sounds like he's doing well :D

What are the chances of you being allowed a run for him now? ;)

Not great, I'm afraid - assuming you mean run in the sense of Bouncer's. Vast quantities of little green things will probably soon swarm forth from the greenhouse onto the slabs. I have kept a note of all the info/suggestions you gave me a while back - I don't give up easily. ;)

Not great, I'm afraid - assuming you mean run in the sense of Bouncer's. Vast quantities of little green things will probably soon swarm forth from the greenhouse onto the slabs. I have kept a note of all the info/suggestions you gave me a while back - I don't give up easily. ;)

:thumb::wave:

Wear them down.... :lol:

Spenser has cleared his morning greens again. :D A few pellets left, but I'm probably giving him too many. :oops: I was so delighted he was eating them again that my hand has been slipping a bit these last couple of days.:oops:

Spenser was very grumpy and did not approve of his breakfast at all this morning. :roll: After leaving him for a while, I managed to coax some greens into him, but he then got very cross and tried to upset all his bowls. :roll: I need to post a parcel this morning, but have delayed this so that he can disport himself in his run for a while. He normally sleeps all morning (and a good bit of the afternoon) but seems very pleased to be on the grass. :D Hopefully he will do some more nomming after his exercise.

No significant nomming to report. Spenser is now all fluffed out into his morning doze, so I'll just have to leave him for a bit. He seemed to enjoy his run about earlier, but it didn't improve his appetite in the short term. I might try feeding him a bit earlier in the morning.

If it helps, Alfie and Bubbles have their pellets at aorund 7am, then they settle in for a bit of hay munching from the clean litter trays. But once that's done, they eat very little all morning and spend a lot of it dozing so Spenser's activity today sounds pretty normal. :)

Back