• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorry - G.Pig question re lice in long hair...

Aww bless your little cotton socks

:cry: she will soon forget that bad start because you love her and care for her so much

Poor wee woman. Oh my nose is streaming now!! Have been through a load of kitchen roll. How much gunge can come out of one persons head??!!:shock:

Ok. I'm away to clean my bathroom for my chum coming. Hope you and yours are doing well. Must get a wee update on the ladies and their fella!

If she doesn't like the toothbrush how about using a bath mitt to stroke her to try and get any nits out? It will be much gentler, and less stressful.

Hope the bathroom cleaning went well and you didn't sneeze gunge everywhere :wave:

Try Lice & Easy shampoo from Gorgeous Guinea's, it is specifically designed to get rid of lice in guinea pigs. Chrissie at Gorgeous Guinea's produces a good range of shampoos and conditioners for guinea pigs, just have a look on their web site, probably work out cheaper and more effective than your vet as well. I use these products on my own piggies and can thoroughly recommend them.

By the way, Daktarin can safely be used on guinea pigs for severe cases of ringworm not lice.

Back