• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Something not right with Holly - UPDATED 5.00pm

Just come back from being out and she is still not right, she was upstairs in the hutch when her usual spot is in the run.

i have chopped up some apple and she's not intersted (she loves apple) she is groomung herself.

I lookd in the litter tray and i think she has poo'd as i can tell the difference between her and Alfie's poo.

Thanks for your suggestion Elve. I may try that but for now, should i take her to the emergency vet???

why does it have to be bloody Sunday!!!

SHE POO'D!!!!! ABOUT 10 OF THEM!! she also started to nibble hay so she is ok right???

I am give her some Infacol in a bit and water (just spoke to vet and she suggested it too)

I am hoping she is better now but will be keeping a close eye on her!

Thanks everyone xx

Alfie kennedy said:
Thanks Jane, she has also come out of the hutch and is running around the garden - PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonnie xx
GREAT!! :thumb: I suspect, as it is with my Bernie Bun, Broccolli is off the menu now.... :roll: :roll: Janex

Glad Holly is ok,it is such a worry isn,t it.Exactly the same thing happened to my bunnie on Thursday.I rushed him to the vets.The vet said it was tummy ache :oops: He was fine a few hours later.
I think it must have been kale that started it.
I am going to stock my cupboards now with infacol,pineapple etc.

glad she's OK - Benny went into a bit of shock/stasis when his brother Pepsi died last year - I just fussed over him and hand fed him - no meds as I was a total novice :oops: After a few hours there was a loud gurgle from his tum, he sat up and looked suprised, hopped in his hay box and started eating! I think Holly's wind must have gurgled its way out of a tight spot! :D

Glad to hear that she is recovering...just to add though, teeth grinding can indicate both happiness (purring) and pain... :?

Thanks guys!!

She has been grazing on the grass and eaten pellets and cabbgae..cabbage is ok isn't it????

She drank too! HOORAHHHHHHHH..

They do like to worry us these buns, boyfriend thought i was panicing as usual!

Bonnie xx

yay , glad she is ok .
gizzy had that earlier last week . tried infacol , tummy rubs etc but he was getting very distressed and seemed to be rolling about the floor in pain . I took him to the emergency out of hours vet and he was admitted . He had gi statis but after two nights in the vet and lots of medication he is home again and back to normal . we go back to the vets tomorrow night for a check up .
its scary tho as nothing was helping so I had to seek help . I,m so glad i did now .

Hi Gina Paul, Glad Gizzy is ok.

I don't think she was that ill, she wasn't rolling around in pain, just very quite.

She let me syringe feed her really nicely when usually she hates being picked up...maybe she knew i was helping her?!?!?

Today she is being over friendly with me - bless her!!

Back