• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

someone PLEASE help U/D Happened again (page 3)

So happy everything has turned out well! That must have been so frightening.

Just a thought, obviously not for right now, but I've found Supa Excel can cause messy poop. Janice at ARC told me about it and I have to say since Darcy has been on Science Selective his poop has been seriously improved!!

Thanks, thats good to know! Maybe once everything has been sorted out I will wean them!

:lol:

I'm hoping Barney teaches Blue to use the litter tray properly!

When she was fostered at mine she was 100% at using her litter tray, I'm sure she'll get back to her good ways.
Glad to hear it wasn't anything too serious. She was a favourite of mine and all the helpers x

Glad things are ok. They know how to scare you! I'd recommend Science Selective, too. 3 of my bunnies were on Excel when they arrived here, and they all made too much soft poo. But with Science Selective they are fine. And they don't smell.

When she was fostered at mine she was 100% at using her litter tray, I'm sure she'll get back to her good ways.
Glad to hear it wasn't anything too serious. She was a favourite of mine and all the helpers x

I thought she was getting better....then today found she'd done it in the hutch again :roll: So I've put a litter tray in there!

Was she willing to be stroked / cuddled when you fostered her? I think she hates us :(

Glad things are ok. They know how to scare you! I'd recommend Science Selective, too. 3 of my bunnies were on Excel when they arrived here, and they all made too much soft poo. But with Science Selective they are fine. And they don't smell.

Sounds good! Yes I was scared lol! Feel so much better today! Although feel bad that Barney gets pellets, but Blue doesn't!

U/D-28.02.08

Woke this morning to find the same over our hallway.

I have been giving some pellets every day, not the full amount, doing approx 1/10 increase a day.

They're still acting like they've never been fed. Last night she managed to eat 1/4 of a spinach leaf (I dropped it when I was feeding the guinea pigs). Maybe that triggered something, even though it was a tiny amount?

Will be buying science selective and weaning on to that, to see if that helps.

sounds like it's veg on an empty tum, feeding 'bad' bacteria to me, going on what triggered Maa's episodes (which did occur on and off for months till she was eating well) I had to stop her going on the grass completely, as that seemed to be the cause, and I cut her veg right down, although she can eat grass and veg now (a year on) just fine. I upped her pellets (science selective) from a teaspoon, to half a bowl full, slowly increased over a couple of weeks - she still has more pellets than any of the others now, as she won't eat hay really - just picks at it and nibbles. I think if their tummy gets too empty it creates a slow moving environment that's perfect for bad bacteria to multiply in, so you need to fill them up with fibre (SS is pretty high fibre but hay would be better)

I would second what others have said about excel too :)

Back