• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some advice would be great please....

MoBo

Alpha Buck
....Hi. My partner and I got a kitten a couple of months back and he is a house cat. Problem is he has somehow got fleas :shock: I have that flea spray that is to be sprayed around the house.

I need some advice with what to do about Mo and Bo. Do flea treatments you get in shops work on rabbits? I don't think they have fleas but I don't want to take any chances with them.

Our kitten Binky currently has a flea collar on, but he also has them flea jabs too at the vets which stops the fleas reproducing.

Please help!

i would treat the rabbits as a precaution with a vet prescribed product (advantage) rather than the pet shop ones which don't work. also, if your kitten has had flea injections he shouldn't also have a collar as this is effectively overdosing him. fleas live in the environment not on the pet so the most important thing is to treat the environment. if your cat has been treated then any surviving fleas will not be able to reproduce and the cycle will end, although it can take a few weeks

i would treat the rabbits as a precaution with a vet prescribed product (advantage) rather than the pet shop ones which don't work. also, if your kitten has had flea injections he shouldn't also have a collar as this is effectively overdosing him. fleas live in the environment not on the pet so the most important thing is to treat the environment. if your cat has been treated then any surviving fleas will not be able to reproduce and the cycle will end, although it can take a few weeks

My feelings entirely.

Only use advantage on rabbits. You can buy online without a prescription :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

You can use advantage or revolution for cats. You need to get a syringe to measure the dose with. A vet nurse from my vet office helped me get the dose right for my rabbits and they always recommend the revolution. Don't use Frontline though it is very toxic to rabbits. Here is a video that tells you what the dosage is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqNwCCRSq8

I would really advise against most if not all shop bought parasite treatments. The vets should be able to provide you with Advocate for your cat and Advantage for bunnies.

Back