• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snowy isn’t right :’(

:( I hope its not as bad as you fear. Is this how her UTI's start? Poor baby, lots of get well vibes xx

:( I hope its not as bad as you fear. Is this how her UTI's start? Poor baby, lots of get well vibes xx

Often, yes. Just seems so soon as she only finished her 3 week antibiotic course last month. She's had an ultrasound so we know it's not bladder stones etc.
I'm just worried it might be her kidneys or something :cry:

Often, yes. Just seems so soon as she only finished her 3 week antibiotic course last month. She's had an ultrasound so we know it's not bladder stones etc.
I'm just worried it might be her kidneys or something :cry:

I hope not. There could be lots of explanations that are much better. Will you be calling your vets? Best wishes for Snowy xx

I hope not. There could be lots of explanations that are much better. Will you be calling your vets? Best wishes for Snowy xx

I hope so. Just feels like she is constantly suffering with urinary problems :( I will give the vets a ring in the morning, she is still eating and her normal self otherwise so if I can't get an appointment tomorrow then will get one for next week.

I hope so. Just feels like she is constantly suffering with urinary problems :( I will give the vets a ring in the morning, she is still eating and her normal self otherwise so if I can't get an appointment tomorrow then will get one for next week.

Has she ever had a course of panacur?

Has arthritis of the spine been ruled out ? This can sometimes cause loss of litter tray use and sometimes apparent incontinence . I would suggest asking the Vet about this and also about running a full blood profile. Sending vibes for her xx

Does she eat carrot tops often? These are high in calcium and if she's accumulating a lot of that in her bladder it might be causing a silt/sludge issue. When she wees is it clear or cloudy?
Pip had this problem for years. I had to switch her hay and treats several times before I got the answer. If you've already ruled this out, then I apologise, but I didn't see it mentioned.

Hoping something can be done to help Snowy. What a gorgeous fluffball she is! :love: xxxx

Thanks for all the support everyone. I didn't actually end up taking Snowy in, as she's been happy within herself, still eating normally and *touch wood* hasn't left any wee on the floor since the other night (that I can see!). I'm off work next week so if anything changes I can get her in quickly.

Has arthritis of the spine been ruled out ? This can sometimes cause loss of litter tray use and sometimes apparent incontinence . I would suggest asking the Vet about this and also about running a full blood profile. Sending vibes for her xx

That's never been looked into or suggested before but definitely something to keep in mind, thank you.

Does she eat carrot tops often? These are high in calcium and if she's accumulating a lot of that in her bladder it might be causing a silt/sludge issue. When she wees is it clear or cloudy?
Pip had this problem for years. I had to switch her hay and treats several times before I got the answer. If you've already ruled this out, then I apologise, but I didn't see it mentioned.

Hoping something can be done to help Snowy. What a gorgeous fluffball she is! :love: xxxx

She's already on a low calcium diet (most of the time - sometimes the looks she gives me mean she gets a lot more parsley than she probably should :lol: )

Back