• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Small poos help! U/D Another U/D this evening

Thanks Shelley, I hope his go back to normal like Bobbys did.

Do you think i need to monitor him over night? Im going to syringe him some water before I go to bed, massage his tum and groom him some more.

if hes eating the veg dont panic :wave::wave::wave:

he will pick up your stress if your overly annoying him. Alvin has mini slow downs that dont lead onto anything.. ive learned to leave him be and only panic when he stops eating... keep the pellets rationed and the hay a plenty and as soon as theres some air to breathe he will pick right up :D

if hes eating the veg dont panic :wave::wave::wave:

he will pick up your stress if your overly annoying him. Alvin has mini slow downs that dont lead onto anything.. ive learned to leave him be and only panic when he stops eating... keep the pellets rationed and the hay a plenty and as soon as theres some air to breathe he will pick right up :D

Thanks Donna :wave: OK I will try not to annoy him too much. Its hard coz I just want to see him eating all the time if possible!
Do you think I shouldnt bother syringing him again then?

Thanks Donna :wave: OK I will try not to annoy him too much. Its hard coz I just want to see him eating all the time if possible!
Do you think I shouldnt bother syringing him again then?

has he eaten wet veg? maybe another leaf of something green before bed rather than the stress of forced water. if he dont mind it wouldnt hurt.. but if i randomly syringe Alvin i seem to make him worse lol

Hes had some freshly picked long stems of grass and dandelion leaves, all served very wet. I think if I can catch him easily I'll syringe him but I wont chase him around stressing him out.

Try putting ice in a bowl of water if its really hot!! I also dripped water onn her head with ice by accident and she put her head down for a groom and started purring, so did it again and she flopped right out and started licking her paws. I took that she liked it:love:

I wouldn't try and force anything in as he is still eating you don't want to stress him into stopping, as Donna says I know how hard it is not to follow him round sticking stuff in fron of him,but he will prob feel like eating as the temp goes down

Well Ive just syringed him abit more water, he doesnt get too stressed by it atall so its ok. Hes also eaten some more hay so Im happy that I can leave him be over night so that we can all get some good z's.

Thanks for the advise everyone. I'll update in the morning, hopefully with news of large poos!

Schuette- big poo vibes for Smudge over night aswell xxxx

I found once with princess I cleaned her out then she didnt poo for hrs (from 12 till 8 :shock:) and I was in a state, dithering what to do, she was fine, eating, running, not letting me hold her etc, so I thought to wait a little while and while I followed her round saying 'eat hay' 'please poop' she did absolutly NOTHING as soon as I went off for half an hr to pop the girls to bed, she did a huge pile of poop! :roll:

I found once with princess I cleaned her out then she didnt poo for hrs (from 12 till 8 :shock:) and I was in a state, dithering what to do, she was fine, eating, running, not letting me hold her etc, so I thought to wait a little while and while I followed her round saying 'eat hay' 'please poop' she did absolutly NOTHING as soon as I went off for half an hr to pop the girls to bed, she did a huge pile of poop! :roll:

I know you can just hear them: Mum I don't wanna poop with you watching!:shock::lol:

matthew and tabitha hold on as long as they can when the trays are cleaned out. kind of - don't want to mucky the tray, mum.

Well Ive just syringed him abit more water, he doesnt get too stressed by it atall so its ok. Hes also eaten some more hay so Im happy that I can leave him be over night so that we can all get some good z's.

Thanks for the advise everyone. I'll update in the morning, hopefully with news of large poos!

Schuette- big poo vibes for Smudge over night aswell xxxx

You too Gemma. :)

Well Timmys poos are bigger today. Not quite as big as usual but bigger than yesterday and soft and squidgy instead of hard which is great.
I gave them 1 egg cup full of pellets between them for brekky (i usually give them 1 each) and Im about to go out and buy some more leafy veg for him. He's drank quite abit this morning so wont syringe him any again unless his poos shrink again.
He is a little quieter than ususal but its really hot here again today so Im not too worried about that. I get lethargic in the heat so Im not surprised he does in his black fur coat :shock: And the poor little mites moulting at the moment. My poor Angel, lots of extra love and care for him over the next few days I think.
Schuette: Hows smudges poos today? xxxxx

Well Timmys poos are bigger today. Not quite as big as usual but bigger than yesterday and soft and squidgy instead of hard which is great.
I gave them 1 egg cup full of pellets between them for brekky (i usually give them 1 each) and Im about to go out and buy some more leafy veg for him. He's drank quite abit this morning so wont syringe him any again unless his poos shrink again.
He is a little quieter than ususal but its really hot here again today so Im not too worried about that. I get lethargic in the heat so Im not surprised he does in his black fur coat :shock: And the poor little mites moulting at the moment. My poor Angel, lots of extra love and care for him over the next few days I think.
Schuette: Hows smudges poos today? xxxxx

Sounds very much as Bobby was in the heat, I think it was a mixture of that and her moult.

Lots of vibes for Timmy producing big poopies. How is Mimi coping?

Thanks guys, been out and about all day, sorry didnt reply earlier xxxx

*Somebun* (im thinking timmy) is doing little poos again :(

They're both ok and eating lots of hay as we speak, but everybuns quite lethargic and not their usual selves. Its EXTREMELY hot here today so Im tbinking thats the problem, bad news is its going to get hotter and hotter over the next few days :(

The weather here is so extreme, it goes from -15 in the winter to +35 in the summer. I love it personally but i think it has a dramatic affect on my buns. I lost my beautiful Tilly as the winter set in and both Timmy and mimi have had problems as the summers set in :cry:

Its like a constant battle to keep them at an appropriate temperature and I feel like I fail miserably :cry:

Poor darlings maybe everything is just slowing down a bit I got home to smaller poops from somebun today funnily enough:cry: Bobby is moulting loads as well:cry:

Poor darlings maybe everything is just slowing down a bit I got home to smaller poops from somebun today funnily enough:cry: Bobby is moulting loads as well:cry:

Damn moult really does knock them side ways. Timmy gets so irritable when hes moulting, hes usually such a sociable boy.

Anyway good news is he's got abit more oomf about him today, and his poos are bigger again :)
Mimis fine, shes been absolutely full of beans ever since her miraculous recovery from her head tilt :D Her heads still tilted about 15 degrees, I think it always will be now, but it doesnt bother her one bit. Im woken up every morning by her racing around the flat! Shes such a clumsy oaf and makes so much noise :lol: Its a joy to see, wakes me up with a grin every morning :love:
Their sneezing seems to have calmed down alot aswell so *hopefully* thats another bullet dodged. Just gotta get Timmy through this mammoth moult now :roll:
Hows Bobby today, are her poos back to normal?? xxx

Damn moult really does knock them side ways. Timmy gets so irritable when hes moulting, hes usually such a sociable boy.

Anyway good news is he's got abit more oomf about him today, and his poos are bigger again :)
Mimis fine, shes been absolutely full of beans ever since her miraculous recovery from her head tilt :D Her heads still tilted about 15 degrees, I think it always will be now, but it doesnt bother her one bit. Im woken up every morning by her racing around the flat! Shes such a clumsy oaf and makes so much noise :lol: Its a joy to see, wakes me up with a grin every morning :love:
Their sneezing seems to have calmed down alot aswell so *hopefully* thats another bullet dodged. Just gotta get Timmy through this mammoth moult now :roll:
Hows Bobby today, are her poos back to normal?? xxx

they are bigger I think..:? I used to be able to tell the poops apart as Bobs had big golden ones, but since I changed the hay over they both have big golden ones.. :lol:

Back