• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleep Tight Poppy (our 7yr old British Giant)

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I have had to have poppy helped to the bridge this afternoon, one of her lungs was on its way out and had abcesses on it, her breating was horrible:(.
She had more or less given up after she lost Charlie a few weeks ago. She developed pasturella after Charlie was pts and just went gradually worse.
Poppy was my racist bun, when we first got her 5yrs ago I tried to bond her with every male I had in rescue but she left them all fearing for their lives. I took in Charlie about 6mths after I got Poppy and he hopped into the garden and it really was love at first sight (Charlie was an Agouti British Giant). Poppy would always tackle anything that wasn't an agouti or a British Giant:?.
Poppy will now be reunited with Charlie and I know she will be happier with him than being here with us, she was a very special bun inspite of her funny ways.
Sleep tight Popadopalis and give mummys boy a big hug and tell him i miss him loadsxxxx

poppy
HPIM0379Poppy.jpg

Charlie & Poppy's first meeting
Chaspop.jpg

such a gorgeous bunny i do understand about fussy bunnys..chelsea would only get along with black bunnys (her sister was black) she was chinchilla grey (go figure) rip poppy be at peace with your husbun x

Oh Kay & David, we're so sorry to hear about beautiful Poppy :cry::cry::cry: Bless her she was wonderful :love: Big hugs to you both xxx

Binky free Poppy, go find your Charlie sweetheart xxxx

Back