• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleep tight Grace. We will never forget you xx

:cry:.. awww the wee pet... She looks so sad, make no wonder with all her sore wee bits...

Lots of healing vibes being sent

Fee xxx

Good grief. :cry:

When I was reading through the thread I wasn't quite expecting such shocking photos. I do lean towards agreeing with RF, but in their defence at least they had the sense and courage to do the right thing in the end. I just hope they have acted in time and that Grace will recover and be OK.

It's good that the owners will be following Grace's progress. Hopefully they will be able to learn something from all this.

Sending lots and lots of vibes for Grace. I'm glad that she is now safe and look forward to watching her progress.

Oh that poor, poor little bunny. Hopefully in a few weeks time she will look and feel massively better. I remember well feeling similar shock at seeing Timmy's bald and sore legs and just how much about a week or so of the right care improved him. Hopefully you can turn Grace's life around to the same degree.

Wow, poor little mite, that must have been a real shock when you first saw her :shock: I do hope it's not too late and that something can be done for her health and eyesight. I'm sure even just having some lovely clean, warm bedding and pain relief will make a big difference to her.

I do have some sympathy for the owners - not everyone is as aware that we are that vets vary in their degree of ability with bunnies. If they had just been wanting to 'get rid' of her, they could easily have pts rather than doing some research and bringing her to Rainbow Rabbits. It's just a shame it's got to this stage before that happened.

Gentle nose rubs to the little one xxx

They did contact me at the beginning of the year but its only now we could squeeze her in. I know they contacted other places before me and all turned her away, so they had been trying for awhile. When i said we would have space in the future they jumped at the chance and i know they took her to the vet again while waiting to bring her.

I know there is little excuse for ignorance but i don't think ignorance makes you necessarily bad. Today has been hard enough so I chose to believe that they had Grace's best interests at heart.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about them and i am well aware people aren't all good. But it matters little to Grace's future now. She is here, she is safe and warm and will get all the best vet treatment she needs. So hopefully onwards and upwards :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I do have some sympathy for the owners - not everyone is as aware that we are that vets vary in their degree of ability with bunnies. If they had just been wanting to 'get rid' of her, they could easily have pts rather than doing some research and bringing her to Rainbow Rabbits. It's just a shame it's got to this stage before that happened.

I agree.

I also think there's a world of difference between ignorance/misinformation - which I've been guilty myself of in the past before I got Alfie and found this forum - and pure neglect. It sounds like the owners knew she needed help but weren't aware of how much they'd been let down by the vet (remember the general public would assume that vets are clued up on all companion animals, not just cats and dogs). It's not always easy to research either - there's so much info out there (& much of it not very good) that you sometimes can't see for looking.

Whatever the truth, I'm glad that this darling bunny is safe and will be well looked after. :love:

Omg I got a bit of a shock at her eyes? What's happened to them? I agree with you about the owners btw, I think they were genuine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't know. She is so tired i haven't picked her up yet. Sometimes you have to go slowly with the oldies. She has eaten well so will Leave her today and give her a thorough check over tomorrow. However the eye looks more like an ulcer than cataracts, but i could be completely wrong....

Yes it definitely looks more ulcery from the photo, it looks as if it's spread across the surface doesn't it. The way they look remind me of the little black bun you took in, I'm really sorry I've lost track of his name, but I'm sure you know the one I mean :oops:

Stevie?

I don't even know if she can walk yet. She fell asleep where I put her and ate from a food bowl I put under her nose. She certainly has a lot of muscle wastage :(

She really does remind me of a little old lady who spends her days sleeping in the corner of a nursing home.

Sending vibes for Grace. Her owners sound genuine to me, and I hope they can enjoy following Grace's progress on facebook without facing what may be unduly harsh criticism as they have clearly taken some trouble to find her a new home where she will receive the treatment she needs. It's good that she has eaten well after her journey.

Back