• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Skye's Spay (At Home)

It can take buns a while to start eating after a spay - they are all different. Sounds like she is in good hands though. Loads of vibes for her recovery:thumb:

My little rescue bun Nester was spayed about 9 days ago and whilst she was happy to take syringe feeds at the vets, she refused point blank to eat for herself (she had had all the relevant gut/pain meds) but she is a fussy little madam at the best of times. My vet was confident for me to continue working with her at home and felt she would be happier in familiar surroundings so I collected her. Once home she took her syringe food but also ate a little grass and dandies, the next morning she was looking uncomfortable so had a dose of Metacam for pain relief and before long was tucking into her food with more gusto. Fingers crossed for Skye, on a positive at least she has her pal with her which always help. Eating/pooing vibes by the bucket load heading her way x

My little rescue bun Nester was spayed about 9 days ago and whilst she was happy to take syringe feeds at the vets, she refused point blank to eat for herself (she had had all the relevant gut/pain meds) but she is a fussy little madam at the best of times. My vet was confident for me to continue working with her at home and felt she would be happier in familiar surroundings so I collected her. Once home she took her syringe food but also ate a little grass and dandies, the next morning she was looking uncomfortable so had a dose of Metacam for pain relief and before long was tucking into her food with more gusto. Fingers crossed for Skye, on a positive at least she has her pal with her which always help. Eating/pooing vibes by the bucket load heading her way x

thank you

I hope Skye is home soon. Some bunnies do take longer to recover. When I had my trio of sisters done, Poppy and Pansy bounced back quite quickly, but Daisy was couple of days before she regained her appetite. Herbs are good for tempting them, I always find that raspberry/blackberry leaves are good too.

Sending lots of recovery vibes for Skye xx

Glad to hear that she's started to eat, that's a big step forward. :thumb: Hopefully some poos will follow soon.

I have just called the vets. she's had something to eat and has been up and hopping about but she still hasn't been to the toilet so is staying over night again

Back