• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Signatures

Hi

I'm still getting to grips with this site (which I love by the way!)

I dont know how to do signatures. I got as far as edit signature but what then? :roll:
Using iPad

Hello Willowsmum, just been experimenting myself. When you have made a signature and put it on a host site such as Photobucket if you right click on your design and select properties you will see both the address and dimensions of your signature. Copy the address adding
to the end of it. This is what you need to paste into the edit signature box. The dimensions on properties allows you see the size of your picture which forum posts seem to indicate should be no more than 590px x 200px. Hope this helps :wave:

Last edited:
Hello Willowsmum, just been experimenting myself. When you have made a signature and put it on a host site such as Photobucket if you right click on your design and select properties you will see both the address and dimensions of your signature. Copy the address adding
to the end of it. This is what you need to paste into the edit signature box. The dimensions on properties allows you see the size of your picture which forum posts seem to indicate should be no more than 590px x 200px. Hope this helps :wave:

Thanks for your reply, I never in million years would have worked this out. Still not sure i have it now! But let's test!

Willowsmum I have pasted the img link into your sig for you but it is a bit big :shock: Do you know how to shrink it?

Willowsmum I have pasted the img link into your sig for you but it is a bit big :shock: Do you know how to shrink it?

No I'm not sure how to shrink it! I noticed it did show up lol

I did adjust it in photo bucket but then it seems big when I edit signatures :oops:

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I couldn't see anything obvious in the FAQs for the forum. When does the ability to add a signature become available i.e. is it after a certain number of posts? Don't currently have an Edit Signature option so just curious!

I think you should have it straight away :wave:

go to settings at the top right of the page then you should get a page with "subscribed threads with new posts" and "subscribed forums".
"edit signature" should be on the far left, in the third box down marked "my settings".

Ok possibly being really thick here but followed some great advice from BattleKat and set up a photobucket account but when I copied the URL all it did was show the URL address in my signature not the photo so went into my face book and as I am using an ipad I couldn't right click to copy and paste the pic! This is making me feel really thick especially as I teach ict twice a week to young children! Surely I should be able to post pics but also feel bad as several members have kindly asked for pics of my buns and I really don't want to disappoint them as everyone has been so welcoming and friendly.

Ok possibly being really thick here but followed some great advice from BattleKat and set up a photobucket account but when I copied the URL all it did was show the URL address in my signature not the photo so went into my face book and as I am using an ipad I couldn't right click to copy and paste the pic! This is making me feel really thick especially as I teach ict twice a week to young children! Surely I should be able to post pics but also feel bad as several members have kindly asked for pics of my buns and I really don't want to disappoint them as everyone has been so welcoming and friendly.

You can download the photobucket app, which is great for quickly getting the IMG codes that you need for here... It is rubbish at editing anything though!

Or you can get it from the website its just a bit fiddly. I think you need the IMG code (you do for normal photos anyway) just try to double click or click and hold in the code, it normally takes a couple of attempts but you should get the iPad asking you if you want to select all, say yes and then it should automatically bring up the option to copy and viola!

Good luck :wave:

Managed to get the IMG code but that was all that was showing in my sig not the phot? Will try using the laptop over the weekend and follow all your advice. Only shame is the best pics I have of them were taken on the ipad!

Back