• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should rabbits have toys/treats all year round or just occasionally?

Should rabbits have toys/treats all the time or occasionally?

• I give my rabbits toys/treats all year round

Votes: 70 94.6%
  • I give my rabbits toys/treats on their birthday/xmas

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I don't supply any toys/treats to my rabbits

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
Mine have toys all year. I love buying/making them new things to play with! They are all different so end up swapping them round occassionaly when they get bored.

Treats - I don't really feed. Unless you count herbs and special hays which I also give freely. They prob get about a fenugreek crunchie once a month :lol: I just don't see the benefit of them like I do with toys and herbs.

Today Nushka has been treated to one of these

Picture335.jpg

Daisy & Ben already have one and love it!

I give toys and rotate them all the time, wicker baskets cardboard , bits of wood, tunnels and balls but I don't give treats if by that you mean 'choc'/ yogurt drops etc. They are not necessary ( that's just my opinion )

:wave: mine have toys all year round. my house is like a bunny gym!!! my living room has a tunnel with an attached tent, a seperate tent and then they have their 'toy box' :oops: :lol: they go and get what they want out of it :)

Most of the year I make my own toys for them, cardboard boxes, tubes, forage trays etc. Then on birthdays and christmases they get special things from the hay experts.

My two bunnies have access to toys all year round.

I have a box full of bunny safe toys and swap things around every week or so.

New things to chin, throw around, explore.....................wonderful!

Buckley has lots of toys. 2 tunnels, those play sticks things that make a bridge, carrot shaped rattles, balls with bells in, rope balls, throwing toys.
And that's not including all the boxes he has.
A coca cola multipack can box stuffed with hay, a tissue box filled with hay, a box that once housed ice lollies which he likes his pellets to be fed in, and a new addition is his new bedroom/ sulking box: a fan box with a Buckley sized entrance, stuffed with a blanket with BUCKLEY written in fancy letters across the top of the entrance. He sulks in it so I drew a picture of him sulking on it too heehee.

His absolute favourite toy in the world (if you touch it you get a very angry bunny) is an empty tampax box that he stole :roll:

All year round, it's always a time for treating the bunnies :D

And then on bdays and Xmas, I buy even more :lol: I just love shopping in general :p

I LOVE treating my little critters, Lewis's bday stuff came today!! I can't wait to give it to him (may of already gave him his weave-a-ball :lol:)

Mine have toys all year. I love buying/making them new things to play with! They are all different so end up swapping them round occassionaly when they get bored.

Treats - I don't really feed. Unless you count herbs and special hays which I also give freely. They prob get about a fenugreek crunchie once a month :lol: I just don't see the benefit of them like I do with toys and herbs.

Today Nushka has been treated to one of these

Picture335.jpg

Daisy & Ben already have one and love it!

Love it could I ask where you got it from :wave:

My lot love the cheap toys the best. Toilet rolls filled with hay and dried apple. Apple sticks and 99p willow balls.

I think they should have toys - by which I mean environmental stimulation, things to keep them busy - all year round. Particularly things to chew.

Mine have chewing fodder always and I replace it when it vanishes, rather than rotating every few days.

Things I consider "treats" are things like willow balls, gnaw stones and fancy food - they enjoy them and get them when I can afford them, as it gives them variety - but they're not essential.

Love it could I ask where you got it from :wave:

My lot love the cheap toys the best. Toilet rolls filled with hay and dried apple. Apple sticks and 99p willow balls.

I think I've seen things similar to that in Crofts :wave: I'm always tempted but think mine would find a way to destroy it :roll: :lol:

Back