• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I be worried?

Would appreciate your opinions on the sudden change in behaviour of my 11 year old boy.

A bit of history, I whipped his bits off when he was only a few months old so he has never been one for chasing the girls but.

He is currently on his third wife having outlived the other two. She is a 5 year old feisty madam who has been with us since September. She came to us from the RSPCA with a reputation for aggression (people and cats only so far, claret running freely in both cases) which she certainly lived up to until a few months ago when she turned into a real softy. She had been used for breeding before I got her but as soon as she came to me, I had her working bits removed when we think she must have been about 4 and a half.

They hit it off straight away and have been great until this last week. They are still great but Suggs has become amorous. He chases her all around the house grunting but isn't exactly sure what he should do when she gives in and lets him catch her. He just grabs her from the side by the shoulder and holds her down. Nibbling at her shoulder. She has sometimes mounted him in the past but so did his previous wife and it didn't trouble him.

She doesn't like it much and keeps running away. I can't remember when the old man got so much excercise. Normally the only thing he runs for is his food bowl when I get home in the evenings.

The rest of the time they are fine with each other. Sometimes sleeping in separate rooms but normally curled up together or grooming each other.

I'm not too worried because she has a wonderful turn of speed and can easily outrun the old man but I dread what would happen if she did turn on him.

Also it is such a dramatic change in his behaviour at his advanced age what would have brought this on?

Spring fever? Hopefully he may lose interest when he realises that he can't actually manage or remember what to do.

I am sure someone will come along soon and give better advice who may have experienced this.

I agree spring is in the air.All mine are neutered/speyed and they were all having a bonking spree last month.He will soon calm down.

Me too - I wouldn't be worried unless there is any fighting.

My SmokyJoe, who is 7, has been humping Lizzie a lot recently, and his tail whirls around like a helicopter propellor - lol

My nethie boy has been bonking his poor missus for the last couple of months.

I think she's hoping he'll get bored sooner rather than later:roll:

Sounds like "spring is in the air" syndrome to me:D

Back