• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed

I would not take bottom doors off hutch - just leave them open - in case for whatever reason you need to shut her in one day:)

We had a shed like that (for tools) - its ok but look out for the quality (or not) of the floor.

OK thanks :)
Yeah the floor is the main issue, but it'd be covered with lino and Id mesh the bottom half of hutch too as shes a chewer!

If she's a chewer you will need to line an overlap shed with plywood, otherwise she'll chew her way out eventually.

Tongue and groove, shiplap or loglap are best for chewers because the inside is totally flat and so very difficult for buns to get their teeth into

If she's a chewer you will need to line an overlap shed with plywood, otherwise she'll chew her way out eventually.

Tongue and groove, shiplap or loglap are best for chewers because the inside is totally flat and so very difficult for buns to get their teeth into

Or alternatively, line the inside with thin ply or similar (the really thin stuff is about £6 a sheet in Wickes), that way you can also put insulation down inside the gaps between the uprights to help make it cosier in winter and cooler in summer :)

I'd also suggest getting the lino laid before you assemble the shed, it's far easier laying it all flat and then putting the sides on top of it, rather than trying to cut round all the joins to the right size.

Good luck :)

If anyone can have a look at sites they know I'd be very grateful.
Ideally Im looking for 6x6/7x5 shed, preferably the width bigger than the length (if that makes sense?), needs to have a window which I can replace with mesh, been recommend tongue and groove due to Roxy being a chewer....and my budget is around £200 but can go slightly over for the right shed.

Back