• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Second Time Around.

Liz Wardle

New Kit
Hello, I joined a few years ago, but work, caring for two and four-legged companions, and then nursing my husband, I ran out of time. Have less to care for now, just Russell, a five, possibly six year old Californian bunny, Gustav a carrot coloured guinea pig, and pekin hens Hetty, Camilla, The Duchess and Florence, lorded over by Mr Dinky a small but perfectly formed Barbu d'Anvers cockerel, oh, and my son who lives with me.

Last year we nearly lost Russell to Atypical Myxie. My vet said it was the worst case she'd ever seen, and I guess possible because Russell also has E cuniculi, which had probably compromised his immune system. The myxie has left him with a deformed nose, and damaged tear duct, but otherwise he's healthy. I have to say Hilary and the nurses at Broadland Vets were wonderful. We can't thank them enough.

I've kept in touch with RU excellent information and lovely bunny pictures.
Hope to spend more time here now, rabbits are special.
Liz

Hello, I joined a few years ago, but work, caring for two and four-legged companions, and then nursing my husband, I ran out of time. Have less to care for now, just Russell, a five, possibly six year old Californian bunny, Gustav a carrot coloured guinea pig, and pekin hens Hetty, Camilla, The Duchess and Florence, lorded over by Mr Dinky a small but perfectly formed Barbu d'Anvers cockerel, oh, and my son who lives with me.

Last year we nearly lost Russell to Atypical Myxie. My vet said it was the worst case she'd ever seen, and I guess possible because Russell also has E cuniculi, which had probably compromised his immune system. The myxie has left him with a deformed nose, and damaged tear duct, but otherwise he's healthy. I have to say Hilary and the nurses at Broadland Vets were wonderful. We can't thank them enough.

I've kept in touch with RU excellent information and lovely bunny pictures.
Hope to spend more time here now, rabbits are special.
Liz

Welcome Liz :wave:

Love to hear about all your animals, and especially Russell of course :D
It sounds like you've all been through quite a lot together x

Back