• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

scooter dog crate/ pen home. (pics)

shadow05

Mama Doe
finally i got scooter a dog crate some of you might have already heard me talking about it but i thought id put it up here to show everybody as well. now the dog crate is secound hand and is a bit old but it was a good bargin for £20 and in the end has saved me a lot of money it might not be as big as i wanted it to be but it will do. when i get the chance im gonna spend a good amount of money getting it fully sorted out with a secound level in it and some decent flooring where he hopefully wont slip on lol. i was thinking about something else but im not entirely sure of how i would go around doing it and i dont know if he would even use it?

anyways here are some pics of what he use to be in:
http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/kaspeer05/?action=view&current=25042011422.jpg
and here is his new home at the moment:
http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/kaspeer05/?action=view&current=06052011429.jpg
http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/kaspeer05/?action=view&current=06052011428.jpg
http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/kaspeer05/?action=view&current=06052011427.jpg

you will have to excuse the mess i did clean up that morning but scooter apprently likes things messy. at the moment he does not agree with the quilt in his dog crate he wont leave it alone.

i know it looks tiny compared to wat he had but i am still thinking about bringing it out a little more giving him more legth if i do that hell have 9ft in length but only 3ft in width and i cant give him anymore in width because i want to be able to walk down that side of my bed.

if anybody can think of anything else i could do that would be grate. :D

finally i got scooter a dog crate some of you might have already heard me talking about it but i thought id put it up here to show everybody as well. now the dog crate is secound hand and is a bit old but it was a good bargin for £20 and in the end has saved me a lot of money it might not be as big as i wanted it to be but it will do. when i get the chance im gonna spend a good amount of money getting it fully sorted out with a secound level in it and some decent flooring where he hopefully wont slip on lol. i was thinking about something else but im not entirely sure of how i would go around doing it and i dont know if he would even use it?

anyways here are some pics of what he use to be in:
http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/kaspeer05/?action=view&current=25042011422.jpg
and here is his new home at the moment:
http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/kaspeer05/?action=view&current=06052011429.jpg
http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/kaspeer05/?action=view&current=06052011428.jpg
http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/kaspeer05/?action=view&current=06052011427.jpg

you will have to excuse the mess i did clean up that morning but scooter apprently likes things messy. at the moment he does not agree with the quilt in his dog crate he wont leave it alone.

i know it looks tiny compared to wat he had but i am still thinking about bringing it out a little more giving him more legth if i do that hell have 9ft in length but only 3ft in width and i cant give him anymore in width because i want to be able to walk down that side of my bed.

if anybody can think of anything else i could do that would be grate. :D

Looks very nice. I'm sure he'll love it! :D

Can i ask what you are using as the fencing for the run? and where did you get it from?

Thanks.

Lovely set up.

Had to sneak a look at your lovely bunny. :love::love::love:

thank u he might look lovely but hes everything but. i have admit he has his moments, he can be very moody as well lol i still love him though.

u should have seen him when he was younger when he was a couple of months old his ears were huge lol

This is the shelf in my bunnies cage :) Made from 2cm plywood and cut into that shape, then there are batons underneath with smaller batons coming off at 90 degrees that stick out a bit so that they hold it up :)

Very secure and buns LOVE it :) I haven't treated it and it's held up really well

I want to set something up like that for my buns but Frodo has learnt to jump over the panels so now I'm worried that he'll do it again and hurt himself. I've read some horror stories in the past about rabbits jumping over their pens and breaking their backs :(

I suppose I could use panels on the top too..i've just put a blanket over it at the moment but I feel mean because it blocks thier light so I can't keep it that way.

I notice part of yours has no cover - does Scooter not jump over it? your so lucky if he doesn't :D

This is the shelf in my bunnies cage :) Made from 2cm plywood and cut into that shape, then there are batons underneath with smaller batons coming off at 90 degrees that stick out a bit so that they hold it up :)

Very secure and buns LOVE it :) I haven't treated it and it's held up really well

kool thank u that looks great.

I want to set something up like that for my buns but Frodo has learnt to jump over the panels so now I'm worried that he'll do it again and hurt himself. I've read some horror stories in the past about rabbits jumping over their pens and breaking their backs :(

I suppose I could use panels on the top too..i've just put a blanket over it at the moment but I feel mean because it blocks thier light so I can't keep it that way.

I notice part of yours has no cover - does Scooter not jump over it? your so lucky if he doesn't :D

I'm going to try and use them panels and make a run with them with wood joins and a roof....

we'll see how that goes though!!! :lol:

he has been known in the past to escape while i was out but he cant jump very well he needs something to stand on to be able to jump properly. i did use to have a quilt cover over it and evenetually he learnt to stop it but i have got plans in place incase he decideds to try it again.

you could still do something like this though trust me you can adapt stuff like this to watever you need if your creative enought and have enought stuff like cable ties. i mean in his old pen i made a secound level with a panel and some very strong cable ties i could do it again but it seems that the panels are too big and one of the doors is blocked as well so i cant get in to tie it on and stuff.

i have got an idea actually for a cat flap i know it sounds silly but i sat down for quite a while yesterdat thinking about how i would do it and i finally got the answer all i need now is the money to do it. but the reason i thought about a cat flap is because i wanted to be able to get him in and out of the cage easier and the door that i had planned to use cant be open fully and i also have no way of keeping it open. so i thought if i have a cat flap and maybe if i show him that it opens and stuff he might use it.

I'm going to try and use them panels and make a run with them with wood joins and a roof....

we'll see how that goes though!!! :lol:

kool i hope it goes great. ive just got a couple of things to add if uve got a bunny who likes to chew bars it can get incredibly annoying after a while. also if they can easily pick up the panels and open them then id suggest using something to keep them together at the moment im using able ties which have worked quite while and scooters never noticed them and start trying to attack them.

Back