• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sat at vets waiting for Mimzy-U/D Aug 2 PM, not eating much

Hi Jane :wave: thank you so much! Sorry I missed your post. Yes, as you can see, Mimzy did very well. I am 'chuffed' as you all say. :love:
I might be breath holding just a bit till tomorrow, to be sure he begins eating well again, but he was trying to drink from his water bottle all the way home, so I'm optimistic.

Meant to mention he also got his nails trimmed, his ears cleaned (I know that will feel better to him!) and his behind shaved. So he's all set to go! :thumb:

He's a tough little Bunny !! So glad that he has come through his latest battle. I bet he's a bit :? as to why he came out of a Dental procedure with a shaved butt.......................... ! :lol:

He's a tough little Bunny !! So glad that he has come through his latest battle. I bet he's a bit :? as to why he came out of a Dental procedure with a shaved butt.......................... ! :lol:

We used to tell the kids when they were young (and a pet had to be neutered) that there was a "mad butt shaver" on the loose at the vets. Not really the smartest thing to say, but we didn't feel very comfortable at the time telling them WHY the pet's butt was shaved. :roll:

Honestly, I am guessing that in addition to Mimzy feeling a bit of a draft, he is probably happy to have all that cleared away as he simply can't groom himself properly with all that fluff there. I'll just have to keep it trimmed myself somehow. :shock:

I think he might still be napping here at home, but he came through the dental with flying colours, thank you for asking. :) xxxx

Oh good. I'm glad he's ok! I turn into the vets worst nightmare when Petra's there ringing every hour!! Goodness knows what I'll be like if I'm ever blessed with children!

I am happy to hear that he is doing so well. How old is he now?

Mimzy has to be well on to ten years by now. We found him and his two REW compatriots running about my OH's business in Spring of 2007. He was already a pretty good sized bun then, but his ears hadn't fully lopped.

He was neutered that December and the vet tried a guess of about 8 months, but I think she was way off.

Either way, he's a creaky old dude these days. But I was indeed surprised that his spinal and leg xrays came back clear. I expected much more tendon and bone damage and we literally saw none. In his facial films, there was the exception of his bulla, which seem to be lopsided but that may be how his head was sitting. They are very easily defined and I don't recall the other bunnies' being so obvious. :(

I was amazed also that his skull is shaped just like a regular bunny's. It is long and pointy, not stubby. Don't lop bunnies have shortened snouts? His doesn't look that way at all, although you can see his smooshy facial outlines in the films.

He has been a bit less comfy today and not eating much but forage. I gave him some critical care about 5 PM, I should try to get him to eat some more. I see him nibbling, but his poos are atrocious and sticky...nasty stuff. I hope he'll be feeling more cooperative soon. I worry. :(

I was amazed also that his skull is shaped just like a regular bunny's. It is long and pointy, not stubby. Don't lop bunnies have shortened snouts? His doesn't look that way at all, although you can see his smooshy facial outlines in the films.
I think Lopsy's pretty pointy for a lop. But his teeth are better than Aboleth's and she's supposed to have 'normal' ones! :lol:

Hope you can get him back to normal eating soon :)

Sending eating vibes.

Daphne has a pointed face for a lop but she's a year old and already has spurs.
Phoebe is a typical mini lop with a flat face but her teeth are perfect.
Just shows how individual they are.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back