• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RWAF First Alert- Re Myxomatosis and RVHD- *IMPORTANT*

I asked our vet about this today. They have had no vaccinations for a couple of weeks and there is no sign of the 50 dose bottles.

Some rescues are now considering stopping rehoming because they don't want to send out unvaccinated rabbits. Which I guess means rabbits in urgent need of new spaces like strays will end up being pts as there is absolutely no where for them to go :(

I asked our vet about this today. They have had no vaccinations for a couple of weeks and there is no sign of the 50 dose bottles.

Some rescues are now considering stopping rehoming because they don't want to send out unvaccinated rabbits. Which I guess means rabbits in urgent need of new spaces like strays will end up being pts as there is absolutely no where for them to go
:(

It's an absolutely awful situation. I hope you manage to get you rabbits vaccinated soon, it must be very worrying for you.

It's now "mid-September" and MSD indicated practices would have the 50 dose vials in mid-September ... when I asked at mine on Friday they had had no further information as to when they would be getting them - therefore they can't arrange a clinic until they know as arranging the clinic will be a huge task without the added burden of cancelling it too.

I hope MSD explain why this has occurred.

Exactly.

It's going to take a lot of effort to organise vaccination clinics so the majority of those that need it can attend. With no date for the bottles arrival its going to be weeks before they could be up and running. A lot of vets have been without vaccinations for several weeks already :(

I also think about the new owners who ring up to vaccinate their rabbits find there isn't any and then never bother to go back once they are in stock. I am sure there will be plenty of those :(

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Back