• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby update - very bad news - time to say goodbye :-(

I'm so sorry about Ruby. i was so hoping you would get to have more time together :(

Thinking about you at this difficult time

Im so sorry,Helen you have done everything you can for,Ruby.Sending peaceful vibes Rubys way and a loving hug for you hun:cry:

i'm so sorry Helen and know how hard this decision must be for you, but you obviously love her and know what is best for her,
shall be thinking of you
Lisa and the buns

Oh I'm so sorry Helen - Ruby is so loved - it's a hard decision but you know Ruby better than anyone else and if you know it's right for her then it is :cry::cry::cry:

The biggest show of love we can ever give them is to let them go - I'm thinking of you:cry:

Thank you everyone. We feel it is the best thing to do for her, as she is only going to deteriorate and her quality of life is virtually nil. Our vet is doubtful she would get through an anaesthetic even if we tried for the amputation.
For such a lively rabbit, she is now confined in a pen in the garage. She's not a people bunny, so doesn't really like my company, and no longer has her beautiful Bobby. The least we can do is reunite her with the love of her life.

I am so sorry you are having to make this decision but you have done all you can for Ruby.

Sending peaceful vibes to Ruby and a hug to you.

I can't believe it. We only lost Bobby a few weeks ago, but he'd had a persistent jaw abcess and were expecting it really.
I never dreamed or knew that there was anything wrong with Ruby. She had lost a litter weight, but I put that down to it being winter. It came as such a shock on Monday (to me and the vet!) that she was so poorly.

I am so very sorry, how heartbreaking for you. :cry:
Sending peaceful vibes ruby's way. I am so sorry that it is time to say goodbye. I will be thinking of you both tomorrow xx

I'm so sorry to hear your news Helen, I've not seen your thread before tonight. We had to make the decision to have our beloved Barney pts in the summer due to the same thing - his tumour was on one of his back legs & he'd deteriorated so quickly. I know it's very difficult, but Ruby will be pain free & able to binky once more with her husbun. I will be thinking of you both tomorrow, take care of yourself, Denise xx

It's a tough decision. But you need to know all 4 of my vets said the same thing as yours. I go against them, get rid of Goofball's bone cancer and won.

Before Goofball's incident, there is no noticeable weight loss at all, so that's the only difference. Since your bun has wt. loss, the cancer may have spread further than my Goofball.

For future reference, if anything like this happens again, the important thing you got to know is: ignore your vet's comment, go w/ your guts.

So sorry to hear about Ruby. You know where to get a rehome bun in your area to keep the other bun company.

One minor thing, because Goofball also had bone cancer, I would like to know the age of Ruby if you don't mind.

Link to Goofball's bone cancer:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=91411

Thank you everyone for your support.
Ruby passed to the bridge at 12.05 today. Her passing was extremely peaceful and she drifted away in my arms. She's now buried with Bobby, under a beautiful rose bush.

Back