• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roisin is Ill - U/D 2nd May- Responding Well to Treatment

My best and brightest healing vibes on the way for beautiful Roisin. :love: May she be on the mend soon. xxxxxxx

Roisin seems to be feeling more comfortable now. She has started eating again and her poo output is improving. She will be having her pus filled ear cleaned out again later today and she obviously remains on the appropriate treatments for the infection. I am trying my best to remain positive, but I am realistic and I know how difficult ear infections can be to fully eradicate, especially in Lops.

Thank you all who have taken the time to post support and vibes for little Roisin xx

I'm pleased to read that Roisin is feeling a bit better and it's reassuring that her eating and pooing is improving.

Sending lots more vibes for her and I hope that her pus removal is successful later today.

Oh no :,( vibes for both of you. I have always wondered what causes ear infections in bunnies and why are they so common :( lots of poop and eating vibes xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm glad she is feeling better

Oh no :,( vibes for both of you. I have always wondered what causes ear infections in bunnies and why are they so common :( lots of poop and eating vibes xxxx

Loobers as I understand it the main reason for ear infections is that rabbits can't get in them to clean out wax which is why they are so much more common in lops - PLEASE correct me anybody if I'm wrong

Yep, I recall Frances saying at one of her talks that uppy ears mean that wax etc naturally can work its way out of the ear and be removed by grooming. In lops the folded over ear prevents this, hence they are more prone to developing problems.

Yep, I recall Frances saying at one of her talks that uppy ears mean that wax etc naturally can work its way out of the ear and be removed by grooming. In lops the folded over ear prevents this, hence they are more prone to developing problems.
Just wondered because my bridge bunny charlie had to have ear oblation surgery although we was never told that it was an infection. Just big lumps of wax that was solid. Maybe we caught in time. Make sense as Charlie was a lop. Xx

This morning Roisin is bright within herself and her eating is almost back to normal. There is still a lot of pus being produced from her right ear, but the left one is not so bad. I have a feeling this is going to be a long drawn out process :cry: At least she is not in pain now.

We really appreciate your support, thank you xx

Hi Jane,

It's great she's back bright in herself, and really hope the medication will continue to help her! :love:

Bailey ended up having loads of pus in his left ear but was much better once he had it cleaned out! Fingers crossed we are managing to control it fine at the moment by having his ears cleaned every 3-4 days, and 3 monthly check up's to keep on top of it. I know how draining it can be after honey.. but sending lots of hugs and topping up the vibes for your gorgeous girl xxx

I'm glad she's feeling better within herself, and I hope that her ears improve without affecting her negatively.

Back